• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currency effect or inflation? Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency effect or inflation? Wheat

Wheat chart
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	778043

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Wheat chart
    [ATTACH]3033[/ATTACH]
    Mallee . . . currency all-the-way as there is nothing inflationary about these markets . . . .

Comment

Isn’t the rapid devaluation of currency the same as inflation?

Comment

Some days I think graincos make more money off Canadian grain, from the currency exchange, than they do from elevation, storage, cleaning and handling charges.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          Some days I think graincos make more money off Canadian grain, from the currency exchange, than they do from elevation, storage, cleaning and handling charges.
          You are so right. Many days currency fluctuations and associated hedging profits are kept entirely by the graincos.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            You are so right. Many days currency fluctuations and associated hedging profits are kept entirely by the graincos.
            That's what the fake basis is for ....to hide the exchange....

Enter j.depape.....stage right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
              Isn’t the rapid devaluation of currency the same as inflation?
              The financial pundits keep warning about the deflationary boogy man. Wake me up when things become cheaper and currency buys more.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                Mallee . . . currency all-the-way as there is nothing inflationary about these markets . . . .
                But doesnt argentina have very high inflation shit of a picture i know

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  But doesnt argentina have very high inflation shit of a picture i know
                  True, but domestic economic crisis that has been created in-part by currency collapse and runaway interest rates.

This crisis hasn't impacted global wheat values to my knowledge. Correct me where I'm wrong, but internal implosion now occuring in Argentina which will lead to hardships.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    The financial pundits keep warning about the deflationary boogy man. Wake me up when things become cheaper and currency buys more.
                    You have overslept. Back in 2012 it would cost you $14 to get a bushel of canola and today you can get it for under $11. In 2012 that bushel also cost $14 USD and today only $8.25 US. Gotta be paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      You have overslept. Back in 2012 it would cost you $14 to get a bushel of canola and today you can get it for under $11. 2012 that bushel also cost $14 USD and today only $8.25 US. Gotta be paying attention.
                      I don't know about you but I don't buy canola unless its blue and 14 bucks a pound. I grow it and the price of land, price of iron, cost of labour all up up up.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jun 27, 2018, 07:34.

Comment

The only consumer goods that have decreased in price are tv’s. They now have the latest and greatest new and emerging tech, don’t seem to be getting lower cost any more like they were 10years ago.

- hotels
                        - McDonald’s inflation monitor ( Big Mac, smaller portions and higher cost)
                        - wages
                        - auto
                        - fertilizer
                        - etc

I don’t see deflation, stagflation yes. If costs of goods and services go down any it would be max 10%
                        Interest rates are low to maintain the economy ( debt) , higher interest rates would destroy the economy faster than a train derailment (oil) in Moosejaw.

Expect more of the same, doom and gloom with nothing really changing

Comment

Until there is a political will and governments are actually accountable for debt due to voter wake-up and shake-up, nothing will change until after the next recession/depression is over. The next generation may have a much different view on debt and qualities of our politicians.

There is an economic shake-up now 'coming-on-strong' (IMO) . . . .

Comment

CTV News reports that European soft drinks to ice cream are affected because of a shortage of CO2. Thought we have too much—— well then, send it to Europe, then we won’t have to pay stupid tax.

Comment

China is punching back. They are devaluing the Yuan and dumping American debt.

This senseless trade war driven by political ego will pull the entire global economy into recession before we toast the new year (IMO). U.S. dollar (please treat as opinion) appears overbought.

There is no chance of any BOC rate hike. Fed rate hikes are also likely questionable. An true economic gong show now taking place . . . .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...