• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum acres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum acres

With 60--70% of the durum growing area in drought conditions, are the buyers thinking there is still half a crop on farm storage or is there little demand for the 2018 crop.

Rumrocks, hope there is a durum shortage in the world and we can finally get paid a little more than 1972 prices. Think that day will come? We thought there was a hungry world out there but seems they are living on seaweed or chopped kale. 😂

Comment

Sumguy , if they like chopped kale that would be an excellent choice to put on top of their spaghetti. This low carb diet that was promoted a few years ago hurt the durum market.

Instead of drinking high calorie wine with your spaghetti I prefer a couple glasses of Tequila to keep the calories in check but sometimes I have 5 small holes in a line on my cheek after I'm done.

Comment

Lots of piss poor Durum around(I think herb residue), canola 90% is the shits some reseeded and hardly up, lentils are ok except lots drown out.

Comment

Italy used to buy 1/5 of the durum crop, but because of glyphospate residues they aren't anymore.

Comment

Its best I don't grow that shit....until I forget.

Comment

Wasn't there a photo op one time about someone putting up a pasta plant? Hahahaha wonder if money changed hands even though it never was?

Comment

Lots of durum in south central Sk, this year I know of several farmers who have acres completely shot due to Odyssey. One farm has 2000 ac that won’t go 5. Then there are the dry areas, durum two ft tall or short is heading.
                Yes there are areas that will have good crops like usual it’s variable. With an 11% increase in acres, we will need 20% less production to hold prices in that $7-7.50 range. Myself I seeded 7 quarters of red wheat, the rest durum. Those 7 quarters will be the only ones for miles. My dad always said you have to have some wheat.

Comment

Been bit by odyssey before also. Once is enough. All peas get viper or just basagran and assure. Wish they'd come up with some better products for peas.

Comment

This chem name keeps coming up over and over , why is it still around ???

Comment

I know for a fact that if you seed grass the following year after Odyssey it will kill 97% of your brome/alfalfa mix.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...