• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah the Blue Canola, Not a good sign, But what aren't the Experts telling us.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops!

Have to get the terminology correct.

"wee goof".

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      On my knees praying for Rain !

Those in the Rain belt please send a few tenths to way out here !
      Very very dry here .... to a long ways east
      But Big Big crop

Comment

Went to look at ours after supper tonight, I wish I hadn't. Can't wait to get this one off the field so I don't have to see it anymore. Maybe it will surprise me....it takes quite a bit.

Comment

Blue canola plants don’t make abundant black canola seed ... sad fact

Comment

Not so much blue plants here as a patchy mess, seems we had an overall better catch last year. Both years were a shitty start but there's something about this one... Buy $500 hail insurance and pray for hail? I'm sure it will turn out kinda ok...I hope

Plane flying around spraying the local BTO's canola.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Not so much blue plants here as a patchy mess, seems we had an overall better catch last year. Both years were a shitty start but there's something about this one... Buy $500 hail insurance and pray for hail? I'm sure it will turn out kinda ok...I hope

Plane flying around spraying the local BTO's canola.
              Yep when the sub soil moisture is gone its not so easy to replenish. 9 inches in 9 days filled the sloughs, drown the lentils and turned the gumbo into pavement. Lighter land looks better. 1st Durum is headed out and flowering on the light land.

Comment

Ah yes, that damn Slum of the Ghetto light loam soil. Useless shit!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Ah yes, that damn Slum of the Ghetto light loam soil. Useless shit!
                  Should be great for peas. These gumbo areas now produce zero yield here in peas

Comment

Took the drive yesterday . It is getting really ugly.
                    The lightest land is getting close to toast.
                    Golden brown might be good for some things ,but not 8 inch high wheat.1/4-1/3 field looks like that. The rest can not be far behind. Canola across the road same area. Brutal
                    Wilt .looked great last week. Bolted stems now almost touching the ground

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Should be great for peas. These gumbo areas now produce zero yield here in peas
                      It's not "fool" proof and it takes a fool to farm it. Enter Farmaholic.

Comment

What killed lentils in Manitoba. Lentils were big in Manitoba in the seventies, long before Saskatchewan (until zero-till.) i think that disease and compaction killed the Cinderella crop. Lentils disappeared from the Manitoba scene. Correct me if I am wrong, Manitoba growers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...