• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah the Blue Canola, Not a good sign, But what aren't the Experts telling us.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boho grass your pathetic.

I can’t win with a idiot like you. For 15 years I said we were mud. You bitched it can’t be that bad.

Got hailed out on 21 quarters can’t be 100%

Then the 1/10 is a big rain last year it’s a dust settler.

This year I post timely rains and you bitch.

Do you see a pattern.

I do you just can’t do any thing but bitch and hate. So crawl back under your rock.

Comment

....and then we have the floaters in the desert. Boy, I'd still rather midrow band then buy "smart" nitrogen and blow it on top and hope the **** it rains. No method seems to work 100% 100% of the time.

There are signs of too much money sometimes.

Re: midrow banders, definitely not the perfect system either but if you use a two inch spread opener on 10 inch spacing...for arguments sake that you probably never get the full two inch spread, ...is 4.5 inches away from the seed row really too far on a normal year?

This year I tried boosting the seed placed N....looks like it made a difference and I would like to add more but with a reasonable amount of P also being seed placed I am running into tank size compartment limitations. My limiting factor between fills will be the seed placed blend....we are only granular fert users.

You can now tell the wheat found the midrow....what a difference from May-long-weekend...notice I stopped bitching and moaning, whining and complaining about being dried out? I take that back..."lamenting reality" would be a more accurate description of that situation...no one should be accused of being negative relaying the cold hard facts.

Started spraying peas with fungicide today, some spots were hurt pretty bad by too much rain in a short period of time...oh well you can't spot spray with my technology...maybe Bayer's new Smart Spraying technology might have been an option but the affected areas are so irregular the controller probably would have had a nervous breakdown turning on and off sections and crashed...Smother Nature rules!!!!
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 25, 2018, 22:21.

Comment

On the canola...the last two years have been the shits getting canola established here. We needed a rain delay during seeding to replenish what those hot and dry hurricane winds rob from us in the wide open spaces.

Obviously the canola plants are doing ok here, establishment wasn't "good" but what is there is fine. At least the leaves aren't hanging from the stems like damp rags, and I hope they don't later either. Plants are bolting hard with some fields in the earliest stages of flowering.

Feeling thankful(grassy 👍)

Comment

our double shoot(1/2" from seed)(have gone up to 250 lbs dry) works every year which is impossible according to the bg experts,lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            our double shoot(1/2" from seed)(have gone up to 250 lbs dry) works every year which is impossible according to the bg experts,lol
            Case, with all due respect....we farm in different soil zones. I was using a NH SD440(basically a Flexicoil 5000) with Dutch 3.5 inch paired row openers, paid close attention to air velocity and traveling speed and never had stellar establishment. I think the highest fert rate would have been 235 lbs.

In normal years we had better establishment with the Bourg than the SD440, in fact our neighbor seemed to get a better catch with his "Concord", although I don't know his fert rate. Our Bourg did a better job than his Flexicoil this year. Best looking nearby canola crop was seeded with a Seedmaster.

That magic elixir, moisture, can fix just about anything in too dry conditions,,,,, just like the same thing can be toxic in too large a dose!

Comment

No rain .... no crop
              Wet can be a bitch but even half is better than zero. Even if one has to fight it off with mud

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Case, with all due respect....we farm in different soil zones. I was using a NH SD440(basically a Flexicoil 5000) with Dutch 3.5 inch paired row openers, paid close attention to air velocity and traveling speed and never had stellar establishment. I think the highest fert rate would have been 235 lbs.

In normal years we had better establishment with the Bourg than the SD440, in fact our neighbor seemed to get a better catch with his "Concord", although I don't know his fert rate. Our Bourg did a better job than his Flexicoil this year. Best looking nearby canola crop was seeded with a Seedmaster.

That magic elixir, moisture, can fix just about anything in too dry conditions,,,,, just like the same thing can be toxic in too large a dose!
                yea you're right there .we are usually wetter than dryer . atom jet claims you can go to (I think) 300 lbs product without injury . haven't tried it . they sure seem to. be a good opener .this year was dryer than most but we still got away with it . lots of the heavy drills especially bg have yellow compaction problems . seedmaster are very consistent . the thing I like about double shooting is the crop is into it at 3 leaves . fert misses are very evident at spraying time . bg did a lot of underhanded bs advertising considering double shooting , caused us a lot of stress.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  Oh boho grass your pathetic.

I can’t win with a idiot like you. For 15 years I said we were mud. You bitched it can’t be that bad.

Got hailed out on 21 quarters can’t be 100%

Then the 1/10 is a big rain last year it’s a dust settler.

This year I post timely rains and you bitch.

Do you see a pattern.

I do you just can’t do any thing but bitch and hate. So crawl back under your rock.

No you can't win with me SF3 because you are in the wrong. It's not me arguing what kind of weather you have I'm just quoting the contradictions that you yourself post. Right here in this thread you say
                  "Last year all sask was saturated from one end to other nice warm growing season and roots went deep gave a decent crop.
                  Yet you were whining in July that it was game over, your crops were done due to drought. Everyone remembers that post and some warned you that you better not follow it up by posting pictures of a great harvest - which you duly did of course. There were many other posters who did suffer severe drought in SK last year but you clearly have no sympathy for them. Clearly no sympathy for the farmers in my area either who got wiped out with hail if that is what "boho" is supposed to indicate - anyone else would use "Boo Hoo" but then again we all know you are illiterate.

It's the same old, same old with you - just 10 days ago you said you had fields flooded and now you got a
                  "just in time rain" to save them from drought. You've always got to claim you are worse impacted by weather events than anyone else but even the evidence you yourself provides doesn't back that up. That's why you'll never win - because you can't have it both ways posting on a public forum without getting caught out in your lies.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    No rain .... no crop
                    Wet can be a bitch but even half is better than zero. Even if one has to fight it off with mud
                    Yep agreee, i dig for moisture with my fingers. Too damn rock hard to find it. Grab my spyderco still hard. 10 inches of rain in 9 days came too fast, lots drown now its dry and the rest hard like an airplane runway. Crop on high ground is ok but we are dryyyyy again. Canola flowering and rows not closed, I have serious doubts that Cinderella will show up for the Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      Too much hype at last yrs drought and it turned out better than thought.so this market waiting till combines are done before they react.
                      Very true. 2017 crop was rated a disaster last year but by the end of August we started to hear about miraculous canola yields in southern Sask on under 2 inches of rain.....some of the reports farmers put out were likely BS but the industry believed it.

Timely rains will be key in the next 6-8 weeks.

Comment

In most areas last year 75% of the yield came from subsoil moisture. That will not be the case this year . As stated above timely rain or not , will be much more critical this year than last .

Comment

Hey, Grass I found your rock crawl back under it. Post something if you're so smart instead of just cutting people down. The Troll of Agriville.

Comment

I believe sheepwheat would like gaseous to post a picture of his banked hay pasture complete with a red handled pair of fence pliers, post hail . I would, rather than see his pictures of hailed out conventional grain farming neighbors that he seems to enjoy posting pictures about.

Comment

Sorry, don't have any "banked hay pasture" whatever that is. Get the terminology right so you don't look a fool.

Comment

Return to your early GPS spot of banked dead hay with the odd green leaf growth you were quite proud to display this spring, and give us a return look. Paint the pliers' handles red you big goof.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...