• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    CutKnife crops looked fabulous right from the start. Some nice country through there. Lots of washouts after the big rain. Some canola got beat up and covered with dirt.

Here’s a pic of the same spot today. Surprising what came from that in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      Here’s a pic of the same spot today. Surprising what came from that in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Wheat seeded May 8th has heads peaking out.
        Canola seeded May 14th starting to bloom..
        Lots of potential. Timely rain will make it all good..
        Similar for us, seeing flowering starting today in DeKalb 75-45, seeded May 15th. Few small 1/4” - 1/2” showers likely needed in the next month.

Enjoyable year not battling mud in NE Sask.

Comment

Grass your kids maybe will be smart enough to get what I mean by 4 rain events.

In eastern Sask it's easy.

1. after seeding.
          2. Farm progress show.
          3. Craven weekend.
          4. Exhibition weekend.

Guess what you grow a normal crop with normal snow cover and normal fall precipitation.

Really you hate me I couldn't give a rats ass.

Have a great day. I did.

Comment

Just got a 3/ths dump in a few minutes..small area..weird clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Similar for us, seeing flowering starting today in DeKalb 75-45, seeded May 15th. Few small 1/4” - 1/2” showers likely needed in the next month.

Enjoyable year not battling mud in NE Sask.
              Yup we have 75-45 also..seeded on May 14th..

Comment

Cut hay last Monday. Zero drying because of the ridiculous humidity. Now showers every day. Tonight it is 17, but I am hotter than hades due to humidity.

Guess you don’t cut hay in June around here... wishing for wind, sun, and dry air. The crop is going to be massive around here barring hail. I can finally, for the first time in many years, say I am happy with my crop overall. Just need sun and non humid heat already.

Comment

SE of Regina

Canola looks like it is in trouble...bolting and some fields flowering spotty and short

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                    SE of Regina

Canola looks like it is in trouble...bolting and some fields flowering spotty and short

Canola in the area here has been blue/silver colour now going on 3 days .

Comment

On the drive north to Saskatoon yesterday noticed the following. Just north Regina to Lumsden is Awesome. Then poor to very poor up to Craik where it gets way better for only a short while then On and off all way to Saskatoon. Lots of Blue Canola and spotty and thin. Funny Saskatoon north had a rain yesterday crops did look better and Craik did in the morning and north Regina. Are these areas usually getting the showers?

Hey, experts, it's not that great I think unless the next weekend rains happen lots of shit will be harvested.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        On the drive north to Saskatoon yesterday noticed the following. Just north Regina to Lumsden is Awesome. Then poor to very poor up to Craik where it gets way better for only a short while then On and off all way to Saskatoon. Lots of Blue Canola and spotty and thin. Funny Saskatoon north had a rain yesterday crops did look better and Craik did in the morning and north Regina. Are these areas usually getting the showers?

Hey, experts, it's not that great I think unless the next weekend rains happen lots of shit will be harvested.
                        Some of us have been unbelievably dry other than one rain event . Not surprised at all with what I see

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...