• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass you know how to piss on a guys parade.

Your smart enough to know that plants growing that nice need a rain every 10 days to two weeks and we’re right at the two week mark, so yea not drought but definitely would be going backwards if it didn’t arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Grass you know how to piss on a guys parade.

Your smart enough to know that plants growing that nice need a rain every 10 days to two weeks and we’re right at the two week mark, so yea not drought but definitely would be going backwards if it didn’t arrive.
      We in reverse here already
      If we miss tomorrow we are in trouble again .

Comment

Nice to hear SF3, tomorrowsend it our way, but not too much this time, please. I killed a 🕷 today. Tomorrow I’l l kill a 🦀. No, you’re not safe Chucky. 😂

Comment

In the dry circle ,south of the cutknife area.last rain was
          2 tenths 2 weeks ago. Good land is hanging on.
          Light land going back fast. All you have to do is look at the canola from the road to see who has had a rain in the
          Last 3 weeks. The good land could hold on another week.
          But after that , depends on the temp. yield losses
          Are gonna add up fast

Comment

Some good rains west yesterday west of Edam 9/10, south to Highgate 1.2 , just Sw Battleford 5/10 to 8/10 .
            Got 2/10 on some land west on HWY 4 last but 90% of this area got nothing really.
            Critical weekend, time , for needed rains .
            This one was a yield setter if you got it.
            After this last week of heat you can see severe stress already on ridges and light spots on early crops .

Comment

Grass you prove every day why you have no idea how crops grow in Canada. I stated if we don't get this rain the heavy crop will start going backwards. It's because the plant needs major water now to push heads bolt etc.
              To those who got the rain, I think we lucked out. It's farming in Western Canada this is a reality in dry years one shot and you look like a hero. Miss one rain and what happened.

Yesterday's rain was weird one area it was over in a few mins. Next, it lasted an hour or two.

Good luck to all as it is a rain event day again.

Heading north to Stoon so will be interesting to see what the crops look like that way.

Comment

Yea furrow that would be a fun one to own or even just drive. Lots of stuff out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T0lLjaZLSIyqfP1Pu3tOOg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	766499

Maybe after the A and D are done a 6030 or 5020 like the following. They never came from the factory this nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	m+aPB8x4S1uWjfg6D3OfQA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	766500

Comment

Big rain yesterday 2.7 inches very welcomed and thankful.

Comment

Meanwhile in what is supposed to be the wettest spot on the prairies, we can't buy a rain. Lots in the forecast, but not much comes out of it. Drove to elevator yesterday, poured rain most of the way there and back, nothing at home. Was supposed to rain for days a week ago, got 2/10 out of about 10 little showers. On most of our ground, this isn't a problem yet, but have added some lighter soil in recent years, and it would appreciate some moisture soon. I think we've had over 3" total this spring.

Comment

got nothing. crops looked beautiful mid week. started going backwards. needed this rain but got nothing. very depressing with the potential that was there. but i guess thats farming

Comment

Finally got a good rain here this morning - 1 1/4" since breakfast. We had 3 little showers totaling 7/10" since early May before this. A lot of hot winds that soaked it up as fast as it came.

The soys were pretty well stopped after emergence. Lots came up with no rain since and ran out of moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          Grass you prove every day why you have no idea how crops grow in Canada....
                          No, that's you with your continual stream of bullshit. You claim you only need 4 rain events in the growing season then you're whining when you don't get more. You claimed 10 days ago the rain you got was a 10 and some of your quarters were flooded. Now you're claiming it was 14 days since you had any and you really needed this rain. Don't think you have a clue...

Comment

Wheat seeded May 8th has heads peaking out.
                            Canola seeded May 14th starting to bloom..
                            Lots of potential. Timely rain will make it all good..

Comment

.77 of an inch so far, I think we could have got by without for a little while yet, but like hobbyfrmr says, when it rains I let it rain.... Things looking not too bad here. Some canola got off to a bad start and won't make max potential. Peas somewhat healed themselves but not completely, worst patches will never be "good". Wheat...the fools crop, looks pretty good.

As dumb as this sounds, I would have preferred a short dry spell. It looks likè fungicides will need to be sprayed and I hate their efficacy, spend alot of money and time spraying for "shitty mixed results". Mother Nurture will rule the day, I know my place. But is it right to fully concede and make no effort?

On the way to Regina for groceries we stopped three times on highway approaches because it was raining so hard, glad we never got that!

Hope everyone gets some of what they're looking for.....take care!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                Wheat seeded May 8th has heads peaking out.
                                Canola seeded May 14th starting to bloom..
                                Lots of potential. Timely rain will make it all good..

i'll be harvesting wheat the last week of july.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...