• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 yes its already ahead of that year but 2017 my crops looked better.

Comment

2017 was maybe once in a lifetime, all the stars aligned. Not this year. way more heat, winds, and no subsoil moisture that resulted in the massive roots the plants put down last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
        2017 was maybe once in a lifetime, all the stars aligned. Not this year. way more heat, winds, and no subsoil moisture that resulted in the massive roots the plants put down last year.
        That was 2016 for us...thats why I am giving SF3 static about 2016. Sounds like the banner year was a different year for him....like more than every second year 😎

Comment

June has been good to us.pastures have greener up .tame hay short but will make bales now.crops look really good.Calling for more showers.we never got huge amounts like some but just enough to keep things going.And no hot dry winds lately.fun doing yard work when grass is green and growing.Way better than last year.

Comment

Not like last year

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I'm surprised( and no, I'm not being facetious), I thought well managed grassland could absorb almost any amount of rain. That is supposed to be one of the major benefits of having all the thatch and lack of compaction. Gabe Brown makes some extraordinary claims about this very issue.
              Yeah wise guy there are limitations depending on the severity of a storm. At least the water remained on our property and we didn't lose any soil. The rolling land that's in crop around here lost all their water and their topsoil is filling the roadside ditches.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...