• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The morning after

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's alot of rain...probably came hard and fast too.

Comment

in 2001, we got 2 x 100% hail within a week of each other. We were in Lethbridge, woke up to 25 degrees and very close feeling, so we faxed our hail policy right from there. We got home late that night and the next day at noon - boom on July 12. There was a lush stand and the baling companies moved in and baled it all. There were a lot of nice bales. The next year we got 100% hail again about the same time of year. Havent seen hail since.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        in 2001, we got 2 x 100% hail within a week of each other. We were in Lethbridge, woke up to 25 degrees and very close feeling, so we faxed our hail policy right from there. We got home late that night and the next day at noon - boom on July 12. There was a lush stand and the baling companies moved in and baled it all. There were a lot of nice bales. The next year we got 100% hail again about the same time of year. Havent seen hail since.
        Son #2 was born July 14 2000, the day of Pine Lake tornado central Alberta, no hail at the farm but pretty hectic at the hospital 20 miles away. We were hailed out 100% on his 2nd or 3rd birthday, 80ish percent hail between July 10 and 16th 3 times since then.
        Sketchy time of year and now that I think about it I better look at adding some coverage (he turns 18 this year so I think its a high risk area)

Comment

I've had barley hailed to a summer fallow state on the 28th of June, and it came back to be the best harvest ever. Only certain crops you should give up on in that state. Where did the blue handled fence pliers disappear to? Hay will return better than ever.

Actually saw much worse, yesterday. Sections of it scattered with bin parts, oil field tanks, shrapnel, tree debris, horrible yard damage. It sure can turn a good day into a crappy few weeks on the luck of a weather draw.

Comment

Really sorry, grassy. That's very disheartening.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...