• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Suppling Europe's Linseed? Guess...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Suppling Europe's Linseed? Guess...

http://www.blackseagrain.net/novosti/kazakhstan-exporting-linseed-at-a-record-pace http://www.blackseagrain.net/novosti/kazakhstan-exporting-linseed-at-a-record-pace

Linseed exports during the first seven months of MY 2017/18 remain at the maximum level, reaching 266 KMT versus 223.7 KMT a year ago (up 19%), reports UkrAgroConsult.

Linseed exports from Kazakhstan totaled 38.5 KMT in March 2018, i.e. 12% less than in the previous month but 82% more than in March 2017. March’s shipments hit their highest ever.

The current season witnesses not only a rise in linseed shipments to European importers but also diversification of end markets. The number of buying countries has increased to 30 by now.

As before, the biggest end market is the EU, whose export share approximates 70%. Afghanistan, on the contrary, reduced linseed imports and its export share is now down at 18%. Much smaller volumes are shipped to Uzbekistan, Iran, and Turkey, whose export shares equal 5%, 3%, and 2%, respectively.

The 2017 linseed crop rise by almost 22% enhanced the country’s export potential in the 2017/18 season.

More detailed information on the latest trends in oilseeds/vegoils/meals exports, supply and demand balances with breakdown by crop as well as crop conditions and progress in planting in the countries of Black Sea Region is available to subscribers for weekly market report "Black Sea Vegoils" by UkrAgroConsult.

No surprise. Last resort supplier we are. Lost that market no doubt.

Comment

forced out by a few seeds developed by people that didn't give a shit about farmers or their customers...whether the customer was right or wrong ...they didn't want triffid flax and farmers paid the price...

No market ...lost market...expensive testing...

Should have been a lawsuit against the guys that developed it and mixed it up.

Comment

You want to hear irony....I was at an IHARF meeting during the time of the Triffid crisis and part of the meeting was about convincing farmers to purge the system of possible contaminated flax and to buy clean varieties or reconstituted contaminated varieties for seeding going forward. They warned how samples of farmer deliveries are kept at terminals and if a cargo ship tests positive and the contamination can be traced back to your sample you could be liable for the financial losses against that ship of flax.....I lost my shit on the one guy. So they will hold one lowly possibly innocent farmer accountable but not the guys who intentionally leaked it into the system....or it's developers....

Only in farming does shit like that get tried. **** you...

Comment

Farma , bucket ..... good points

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...