• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought Buster

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a couple of short weeks ago we were crying/begging/praying for rain in the dry zone, now....

What a difference those two weeks made.

What a way to make a living.

Because of the topography of our dirt, we won't get beat up from excess rain as bad as some people.

I guess my saying of, "wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter" applies to too much rain as it does not enough....and anything else and everything in between the extremes.

It can be a tough way to make a living.

Comment

In central Alberta we are still hoping and praying for rain. Since May 1 we have had a total of 1.15 inches of rain. It came ion the form of small showers, biggest rain we had in one storm was 3/10. Everything looks not to bad considering how dry it is. What I am interested in is how large of an area in Saskatchewan recieved the heavy rains?

Comment

Wait till you get 9 yrs of to much rain..then you will realize where us NE guys are coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Wait till you get 9 yrs of to much rain..then you will realize where us NE guys are coming from.
          Farming in the Slum of the Ghetto has some advantages...few and far between.....but enough to keep us trying! But probably more because we don't know any better.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Farming in the Slum of the Ghetto has some advantages...few and far between.....but enough to keep us trying! But probably more because we don't know any better.
            Guess just the opposite here, dreaming of "just right rainfall" for decent crop without, ruts and mud, wet late harvest, keep trying/ hoping/ wishing till we are all done, cashed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              i will second that partners , we are rutting again!

Comment

Definitely not making ruts from one end of the field to the other but driving through spots that are rutting....can't, or should I say don't want to dodge every wet spot. Could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  East side of province could see tornadoes according to Weath Network. Must be a Trump Storm. 😄
                  Tomorrow(Sunday) could get interesting. Lerner sent out a Saturday update. Has us on the fringe of more rain...a couple hundred kilometers one way or the other could make a big difference. Hot humid local weather possibly reinforced with humid air from the States and a cold front slamming into these conditions could make for interesting weather.

Hopefully nothing torrential with hurricane force winds that damage stuff!

The pump is now primed...it doesnt take much.

Comment

3.5” here and counting tonight. Probably had 1.5” since snow left. Apparently in for another dump through the night. Puts off spraying my dandelion infested barley by the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      3.5” here and counting tonight. Probably had 1.5” since snow left. Apparently in for another dump through the night. Puts off spraying my dandelion infested barley by the highway.

So this was fairly close .
                      It was the only site calling for that amount of rain 4 days ago .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

So this was fairly close .
                        It was the only site calling for that amount of rain 4 days ago .
                        Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Tomorrow(Sunday) could get interesting. Lerner sent out a Saturday update. Has us on the fringe of more rain...a couple hundred kilometers one way or the other could make a big difference. Hot humid local weather possibly reinforced with humid air from the States and a cold front slamming into these conditions could make for interesting weather.

Hopefully nothing torrential with hurricane force winds that damage stuff!

The pump is now primed...it doesnt take much.
                          Went on a crop tour - quite a bit of water layung on the fields here, guess 73/4 inches in 9 days will do that on gumbo. I am told south of Regina way too wet. Actually much as we needed rain we are ready to share but gotta say ee were on the brink of disastrr before these rains, not much better yet but hoping that heat and fertilizer turns this bus around👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...