• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some insight on price of parts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some insight on price of parts

I have a 12 volt solenoid that has failed on an old 4880 MF tractor. I ring up the good folks at Full Line Ag wth the part number and the nice lady says $100.00. Ummm ..I start thinking that this is a very special solenoid . It seems to me it is a basic 4 post 12 Volt solenoid I can buy from Princess Auto for $20.00.

The only difference I see is the Princess Auto solenoid has a metal body where the Agco solenoid has a plastic composite body so it is not apples to apples comparison.

ever notice oil filters pretty well doubled in price last couple years ?

Comment

Hobby, How do you expect those people to feed their children?

Answer: with cheap "conventionally" grown farm production.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        ever notice oil filters pretty well doubled in price last couple years ?
        Yes. I have been buying from NAPA in March when they have this huge filter sale. I order multiples. Then, there is the debate over the quality of the NAPA filters vs. OEM.

Comment

When deere dealerships can add 40 feet above your head of wasted space and then have no parts for the equipment they sell or sold to customers...it gets a little frustrating.

10 million in equipment inventory sitting on lots typically but hardly a part for any of it.

Then the local manager wants to set up a parts cabinet at my farm....are you ****ing crazy I can see the sign from most of my land and if parts go to my farm I lose them or can't remember where they are...thats what the parts guys are for.

Comment

....or the part is in one of the other store's branches but it will be here tomorrow! Jockeying parts between branches has become popular.

....or two days away because its in the Regina warehouse but you can pay "extra" to have it picked immediately for today or for the next day.

But yes parts have become insane.... have to pay for the layers of people in those glass palaces somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
              Yes. I have been buying from NAPA in March when they have this huge filter sale. I order multiples. Then, there is the debate over the quality of the NAPA filters vs. OEM.
              OEM doesn't make their own filters either but you need to find equivalent quality.... I don't think all filters are made to the same standards.

Some are propietary for a while, those are the ones they really soak you for.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                OEM doesn't make their own filters either but you need to find equivalent quality.... I don't think all filters are made to the same standards.

Some are propietary for a while, those are the ones they really soak you for.
                The ‘long life’ oil filter for an ISX-$95 at Cummins. Finally you can get them from First filter but still $77 I think.
                Out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                  I do hit up their March sale as well save considerable $ when you factor in air filters as well.
                  As far as quality they informed me NAPA filters are actually Wicks filters with their label.

Comment

I've became a big Napa fan over the last couple years as well. our local owner is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      I do hit up their March sale as well save considerable $ when you factor in air filters as well.
                      As far as quality they informed me NAPA filters are actually Wicks filters with their label.
                      Yes, Napa and Wix filters are made on same production line, just different color and labels.

I buy majority of filters through FleetFilter and get shipped from southern US. Very few filters cost over $10 wholesale. Majority are $4-8 US. Everything above that is markup.

Comment

About the only thing you'll need to know before buying at princess auto is if your original is continuous or intermittent duty. Most of the solenoids you will find at Princess Auto, and auto parts places are for starters and will burn out fast on continuous duty such as accessories on a tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                          Yes, Napa and Wix filters are made on same production line, just different color and labels.

I buy majority of filters through FleetFilter and get shipped from southern US. Very few filters cost over $10 wholesale. Majority are $4-8 US. Everything above that is markup.
                          $10 and sell them for a hundred!
                          Deere 9870 Air filter, Germany, $300, NAPA sale $95, Poland. Deere Oil f 7920 Hengst, Germany $60, NAPA USA, $20. Some Deere say Mexico, NAPA say USA?

Comment

40% off of all Apache parts till end of July at Youngs. Too bad shes already all tuned up.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              $10 and sell them for a hundred!
                              Deere 9870 Air filter, Germany, $300, NAPA sale $95, Poland. Deere Oil f 7920 Hengst, Germany $60, NAPA USA, $20. Some Deere say Mexico, NAPA say USA?
                              The difference is Pattison built a hospital..napa didn't.
                              So all JD customers..thank you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...