• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why or how is a pipeline more important than efficient low cost rail?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why or how is a pipeline more important than efficient low cost rail?

It seems politics, at play with the pipelines, Election issues, trade etc
    JT starting to realize that ideals come with a cost, and now he’s trying to figure out how to pay for it. Trump has hit a nerve and JT starting to get it? Business, jobs, diversity of economy, etc are required to fund everything

- Rail has been around way longer
    - rail directly serves a economic diversity of transport that can only be matched by trucks
    - rail has been under funded for decades

- just underscores the importance of infrastructure of all kinds

What is the cost to build a mile of :

Rail ? $3,000,000 mile?

Highway? $1,000,000?

Pipeline? $4,000,000?

The lack of investment in infrastructure regarding pipelines and rail in a growing export reliant country like Canada has created the trucking industry that has now decimated the highway infrastructure.

So it really doesn't matter what mode of transportation you are talking about it is grossly underfunded and falling apart or not able to meet the needs of the country.

In ag that is the sole reason to study trend line yields and crop diversity so that your infrastructure doesn't fall behind.

Governments of Canada have created their own deficits by ignoring this and essentially orificing the output of the nations by looking for excuses as to not build something...

Much like a farm equipment has to be updated to ensure the farm gets the crop off....

Canada hasn't been getting the crop off for quite a while now.

Just thoughts.

Comment

There is a possibility of a potash mine in my back yard and another further down the road, both needing the services of CN that runs past(near) the proposed mines. Seems CN wants more potash business and it has been said the rail line would have to be rebuilt to standards capable of servicing those two mines. Seems to me they never wanted to service the grain companies that were along this line so consolidation and closures ensued.... now they want work. If they treat the potash industry like they treated the grain industry, potash is in for a rude awakening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170717_160643.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	766459

Name:	20170717_160611.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	766458

These crossing planks were so rotten that they would flip up when driven over and lay across the rail. I took a picture of it and sent it to CN and they accused me of intentionally laying them across the rails and were going to send out the CN Police, no ****ing wonder!!! Actually when crossing one of them at harvest with the tandem truck, one flipped up and broke the linkage off the differential of the airbag leveling valve.....send the CN Police, I DARE you!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        The lack of investment in infrastructure regarding pipelines and rail in a growing export reliant country like Canada has created the trucking industry that has now decimated the highway infrastructure.

So it really doesn't matter what mode of transportation you are talking about it is grossly underfunded and falling apart or not able to meet the needs of the country.

In ag that is the sole reason to study trend line yields and crop diversity so that your infrastructure doesn't fall behind.

Governments of Canada have created their own deficits by ignoring this and essentially orificing the output of the nations by looking for excuses as to not build something...

Much like a farm equipment has to be updated to ensure the farm gets the crop off....

Canada hasn't been getting the crop off for quite a while now.

Just thoughts.
        That's what happens when you focus on stadiums and transportation hubs and you don't have a solid way to get product to or from the hub or to and from port. You then can go sit in a new stadium and wait for one of the 9 games at one of the new hotels beside it to be played and enjoy how rich you are as a province to be sitting in such a. State of the art facility.
        Then get a loan to pay for all the taxes needer to pay for the facility because you can't move your product to get your money.
        It's such brilliance Trump must have thought it up. Hahahahaha

Comment

Name:	20170717_160951.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	766460

Name:	IMG_0933.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	766461

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	766462

Comment

Farma whoa!! You do not want to have the CN police out there! They have the same powers as the regular cops! I know it sounds like a joke that CN of all useless companies can have their own police force but they do.

On the post of the railway track there is a phone number and track location number....call that number give your location and have a complete verbal and distressed meltdown to the Frenchman in Montreal head office that answers....call at 1 am or 5 am in the morning, tell him him how expensive your equipment is and that their poorly maintained crossing has destroyed your tires and bent steel and that you have thousand of dollars of damage and will sue them. Tell them how they hurt your family and business not hauling grain on time and now they are destroying your equipment and how you are calling your MP to report them. This is your chance to make them do the Mexican Hat Dance!! They screw with farmers all year so chop chop get them to look after your crossings. They are paid enough and have no excuse for such poor maintenance.

There will be a work crew fixing that crossing with in 24 hours.

Comment

I am a straight shooter Crestliner. Those are not "regularly used" crossings but they have come to a state of almost being unusable.

I did phone the number on the crossbuck post and gave them the mile post crossing number, two "years" in a row!

Send the Police!!!!! I still dare them! The worst one has been repaired a couple of weeks ago. They are using shit soft untreated timbers...prone to rot. The one they did fix was fixed in a way that they didn't lay the planks close together, they spaced them so they could save the cost of one plank, unless they felt a good size gap between each plank would help keep them dry.....until the gaps fill with dirt and gravel...lol.

Send the Police, I will explain everything......

Comment

You have to be careful with cn and cp, they were there first in most cases, they can take the crossing out if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                  You have to be careful with cn and cp, they were there first in most cases, they can take the crossing out if they want to.
                  I was always diplomatic with them. Honey attracts more flys than vinegar. Just frustrated. One of the crossings isn't even on a municipal road.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 3, 2018, 11:27.

Comment

Nationalize both railways....they have done SFA for years they might as well be a crown corporation.

When I said Canada's crop above....I meant everything from potash oil lumber etc.....its deplorable that a country like ours that has resources that would last for centuries to be as in debt as we are.

I am not saying exploit everything but the country could stop it up a notch...

Lumber is being managed in an environmentally friendly way....forests need to be managed but isn't the the purpose is to find a way to get the best use of the forest lands and keep them being renewable rather than letting them burn?

Same with potash ....there is no crop being grown 5000 feet below the surface.

But to get these products to export, Canada needs to build infrastructure....having said that the government should act as the regulator not the owner and regulator...

except in the case of the railways because they are just ruining canada's potential.

Comment

Give present federal government credit for action to get pipeline built.
                      Seems to be in line with what majority want.

Comment

No one said to buy the pipeline....all Kinder Morgan needed was a clear path to build it....

But maybe this this is the game plan all along....bailouts by government for so called capitalist companies...

Same thing is happening with steel and aluminum companies ...the federal government will bail them as well.

Funny thing when india imposed a tariff on pulses ...the government told farmers to use up our equity and pound sand....

Comment

Majority want a pipeline so it will lower the cost of gas at the pumps, where the gas cost will go higher. Just like potash,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...