• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on at Farmers of North America?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    The youngest sister married Kevin Hegedus the financial planner guy On the radio so they probably have their money placed well away from the business risk.
    I don’t know why or how, but way back in the day the Mann’s were big farming around Hodgeville (?) and they had an office in a nice downtown Saskatoon building. I want to say the name on the door was AG Ventures 2000 or something like that. I think I went in to ask what it was all about and the secretary said this is their farm office. I was young and thought they must have a huge farm to have an office in the city.
    About 5 years later FNA appeared and it kind of made sense to have a membership to save on parts and they had a fuel program for awhile. Eventually the discounts started not to fit my farm and did not renew membership.
    So that’s the connection to Hegedus. Used to put on those financial planning luncheons in Saskatoon. Kevin would speak, Jerry White, and guy from FNA. Really was just a sell job for their businesses but what isn’t. Went to one once and sat with a bunch of financial planners who criticized the guys for questionable practices. At the time I thought they were competition and jealous but they were on to something.
    Last edited by WiltonRanch; Jun 1, 2018, 23:16. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Pyramid scheme gone wrong ...

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        So that’s the connection to Hegedus. Used to put on those financial planning luncheons in Saskatoon. Kevin would speak, Jerry White, and guy from FNA. Really was just a sell job for their businesses but what isn’t. Went to one once and sat with a bunch of financial planners who criticized the guys for questionable practices. At the time I thought they were competition and jealous but they were on to something.
        Those meetings were a great marketing bundle. To be fair, there were many farmers that were looking at selling land and machinery to retire and needed financial investment and management advice.

Comment

I got delivery today of wildoat herbicide. have been member for years. I like saving 25%

Comment

dow giving 12% discount on prestige..... wonder why?

Comment

There are two recent threads that are addressing Companies and their financial state of affairs.

Aren't companies started to make money?

The preferred shareholders are first at the trough.

"Principles" should get paid even before preferred shareholder investors.

When "Principles" separate themselves from "their" company I get nervous.

We are incorporated but the farm is still "Us".

There is not enough separation between me and our farm to not care how it's managed or if it makes money, because the farm is still "Us".

When enough money has been siphoned off the business Corporation and is safely squirreled away for the Principles..... the company probably doesn't matter much to them anymore.

Companies are started for personal enrichment.... once enough has been accumulated(outside the company).... the emotional attachment to the Co probably doesn't mean as much anymore.... have you failed or has the company failed after you have enough squirreled away?

Just some random thoughts on a cold windy day.....now after my books are caught up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...