• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	778006

To those who won the Rain Lotto Congratulations. I feel this year like the turtle, slow and steady is what the rain has been on our farm. Spit here and spit they're and spit spit spit. Last night it looked like we were on our way to getting our first real rain. Well, I'm not complaining but it followed the same path straight for us then once it crosses the valley it stalls spits sputters or just runs out of gas, still gives us some and then takes a breath and picks up steam after the farm and moves on. We did end up with a Quarter inch and for that I am grateful. So since the April break up and snowmelt our total for the year so far is 1.25.

Ok on the political scene our Idiot in Ottawa that killed three previous pipelines and was pandering to the Eco Crowd screwed up so bad that he had no choice but to buy out the Pipeline going to BC. This guy has shit for brains sorry to offend any liberals but wow what an idiot.

But lots of questions still are out there. Like where Justin is my $125.00 share in the pipeline, I sure would like a real Share because you put every Canadian in Debt by that amount for a pipeline that would of been built by a private company and you could get taxes back to pay for your stupid projects. Your a real special kind of idiot. Just show some balls and tell Cut BC off.

I'm starting to think this whole country is run by F#$King IDIOTS. Liberals, if there are any left WTF, were you thinking to elect this putz.

Name:	IMG_6824.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	778007

Ok enough let's get down to the real reason of this thread the Crop Report.

Seeding on our farm is at 98% done. Few big hitters left and few smaller guys mostly north of us. One good morning and were done. I would say our area is about 95% done.

Hrs is up and it has nice germination, but needed a drink which we got yesterday. Spraying on some early HRS will happen in our area next week mid week. Weed pressure is min on wild oats and broadleaf at this time and not sure what chemicals guys will go with. Now the rain could make old MR Millet come and odd Wild oats.

Name:	6fTi1vPvS8+gqA+QwfW9Fg.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	778008

Peas are up and actually not bad just price is in the toilet thanks to weak leadership from Ottawa. Mr. Dressup should have taken the ag minister and said were stopping all shit from India to Canada if you piss with peas. But no they went on a holiday and F#$K3d up royally. Oh if it gets cold like they are saying next week don't spray your peas with Viper it will kill them. Just saying.

Name:	5yfde6clTh++G5saHPhctA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	778009

Barley will jump now with the shower we got. It has some wild oats issues in spots and so far is not bad for broadleaf. But the shower will bring volunteer canola so maybe will spray peas first and then barley before wheat.

Canola is up on most fields and seems to have had good germination. It needed the drink it got and should start growing real fast. Now, let's just hope next Monday it doesn't freeze. Yea checks the weather out it's going to get cold Monday night Tuesday morning.
    Some fields will get a double liberty this year it seemed to work really good last few years we have done it. We this year only have two-quarters of Pioneer strait cut. 1/3 of the canola acres are straight cut. Uneven germ on some farms is going to be a big problem in fall with straight cut.

Name:	h76FoTbKQM6NWKmhSkOfWw.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	778010

Oats was cut out on our farm and the rest is the same as usual.

Pastures still need more rain.

So with seeding done, I say the same thing my Father said.

" I did my part Lord its now in your hands". No I'm not that religious but really you work to get it planted and now the gamble begins if mother nature wants to be a bitch she will, she can. The hailstorm Moosejaw got in another month would be lights out for guys. Next year country. I think hail insurance is needed this year as storms come in fast and have had hail this spring.

Be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than this crop that they are already salivating to get for nothing.

Mozaic Mozaic in Regina and have a great week. Tell us whats happening in your neck of the woods and who won the rain Lotto.

I'm still betting on Lotto Max. I think you have better odds of winning that than winning farming in Canada.

Rail strike is over, Ah something positive to end the report.

Didn't our federal ag minister say that farmers agreed with the carbon tax this past week as well?

Comment

Oh, thank you for bringing that up. I forgot all about that. Like what the hell does the whole caucus just roll a big fat one and smoke up before meetings or what?

Biggest fools who ever ran Canada. But the voters wanted change and like many said Justin is just not ready. It's sure showing Justin has no Clue.

Name:	IMG_6842.JPG
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	766451

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Didn't our federal ag minister say that farmers agreed with the carbon tax this past week as well?
        You have to wonder if he’s ever had a conversation with a farmer in western Canada??

Comment

remind me again , we have an Ag minister ???? who is he ??

Comment

everyone has been done here for a while except for the odd straggler. crops are really looking good . not sure how much yet but was a real nice rain here last night . was going to spray peas today , to wet now . crops are really clean , most stuff is in stage but really clean so would be nice to wait for a bit

Comment

western canada select oil is 41 a barrel while world oil price is 67 . so can someone tell me why we have the refineries in western canada using the cheapest input and receiving the highest price for gas in North America?

The refineries in Regina and Lloydminster were both publicly funded by Mr. Devine...provided high paying sustainable jobs but this collusionary action by Husky, Federated and the others should be looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                You have to wonder if he’s ever had a conversation with a farmer in western Canada??
                I can think of one who contributes regularly to that subject on this site that he may have talked to.

But like any subject, no one speaks for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  I can think of one who contributes regularly to that subject on this site that he may have talked to.

But like any subject, no one speaks for everyone!
                  Solid points, he might of ended up with some pro-carbon taxers farmer at a David Suzuki fundraiser and now thinks that is normal.

On this topic it’s about as lopsided as possible. Likely 99 farmers for every chucky....

Comment

Canola on worked last fall pea stubble looks the best.

Comment

Since May 30,2018 was a good day for this crew, my Lotto Max has to have 5-30-18 in the pickings👍Winning combination anyone? Just 60 million and 50 million dollar draws. I’ll be farming on the golf course at Paradise Island.

Comment

That’s what I would do if I won F$&k feeding people for peanuts I’ll be enjoying my herb and Kona coffee trees in my garden in Hawaii!

Plus front row seat when the volcano god blows his top

Comment

The crop came up nice and is growing great so far. I was hoping to get spraying this week but the weather has changed that plan.

Just always nervous of rain and cold coming along and ruining a good start to the year.

Comment

Well we started in a dry dusty field on the 7 th of May well actually the 10th with both seeding rigs.
                            Today we Mudded in the last quarter of Canola and Plant 18 is done. I have to give a big shout out to Blair’s for not missing a beat with Anhydrous and Pattison ag for quickly getting the tractor that had the fire 🔥 back running plus any one else I missed. Time for a break till spraying season which will start tomorrrow.

Comment

For a long time KAP was ok with the idea of a carbon tax. They've changed their tune a bit but not that much. Different song sheet but same song book.

President Dan Mazier is still hoping for his appointment to the "ex KAP executives dumping ground" that being the Canadian Grain Commission.

So Macaulay's not wrong, totally useless, but not totally wrong.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...