• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Conditions/Germination issues and uneven fields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If 5 inches of rain falls on you, you have definitely hit the bullseye.
    Could happen with these local storms.
    Parts of MB should see upwards of 2 inches by Sat, focus to the SW

Comment

Grass what website is that I’m curious

Comment

dry hot windy weather. no rain in may. seeded deep! good emergence, but maybe 200 acres of canola will be spotty if we don't get rain in next couple of weeks. Starting to get some long faces around here, but we have had reasonable weather for past few years, so I guess we have it coming. in the past I always seeded canola first to ensure germination. lately have been spoiled so didn't even think about that this year. only need 1/4 inch of rain to get everything going. better start farming with drought in mind again.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolaas View Post
          dry hot windy weather. no rain in may. seeded deep! good emergence, but maybe 200 acres of canola will be spotty if we don't get rain in next couple of weeks. Starting to get some long faces around here, but we have had reasonable weather for past few years, so I guess we have it coming. in the past I always seeded canola first to ensure germination. lately have been spoiled so didn't even think about that this year. only need 1/4 inch of rain to get everything going. better start farming with drought in mind again.

Conditions can change very quickly. In 1981, it started out windy and very dry until about May 25. I think when Mount St. Helen erupted, it spew its ashes all the way to Saskatchewan, opened the skys and we had beautiful rains. But sad to say, in the eighties, we could bank on every second year being too dry. We’ve had our too dry year last year - hope I’m right - time will tell. Farmaholic will remind me if I’m wrong 😂

Comment

Conditions need to change in the next 48 hrs here .
            But the two days of rain at 90% now changed to 30% chance of sfa

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Things could change around here if we get the rain forecast by the Norwegians which I tend to trust more than the others for precipitation totals. Over 5" by the end of Saturday! - don't want to be greedy but we'd sure take it. They show large amounts for some parts of southern SK too.

another weather site shows good rain in manitoba areas.

Comment

Originally posted by saskfarmer3 View Post
                grass what website is that i’m curious
                www.yr.no

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Farmaholic will remind me if I’m wrong 😂
                  I'll probably forget, some days I have to wear a name tag for myself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...