• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask rural highways a disaster!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask rural highways a disaster!!!!

Honestly so many danger signs put up. broken pavement, pot holes everywhere. They are fricken dangerous. Not to mention destroy vehicles.
    Last edited by the big wheel; May 26, 2018, 18:49.

A lot of grain has to move on soft pavement .....let's see how that goes....

Comment

Moving machinery over our highway is just ugly with big cracks in the road surface that will almost kicks you out of the tractor seat if you go any faster than about 8 mph and the drill just gets a beating.

When you are big and slow moving it is nice to get over on the shoulder and let the traffic go by safely but the shoulders are in such poor shape that's not an option.

I take gravel when ever I can but where I live and where my fields are that's not always possible.

Comment

Here in Tory blue Alta our roads were not built to handle the size of equipment that's on them today, but if yoyo think your taxes are high now just see what they will be if you get the kind of roads you seem to think you should have, Mabry a tax per # on equipment sold or on miles between 1/4s or on fuel, someone is going to have to pay.
        Some of these bots ruin miles of roads hauling grain, silage in and out with heavy equipment that we all have to pay for as land taxes won't cover the road past your holdings. Another example of the poor helping the rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
          Here in Tory blue Alta our roads were not built to handle the size of equipment that's on them today, but if yoyo think your taxes are high now just see what they will be if you get the kind of roads you seem to think you should have, Mabry a tax per # on equipment sold or on miles between 1/4s or on fuel, someone is going to have to pay.
          Some of these bots ruin miles of roads hauling grain, silage in and out with heavy equipment that we all have to pay for as land taxes won't cover the road past your holdings. Another example of the poor helping the rich.
          Where in Alberta do you live? From what I’ve seen of your beautiful province your roads don’t come close to comparing to the utter state of ruin of a sask highway.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Where in Alberta do you live? From what I’ve seen of your beautiful province your roads don’t come close to comparing to the utter state of ruin of a sask highway.
            Exactly right shave travelled many Alta roads and it's like wow. But here so many are beyond patching already.

And yes bucket where is the global transit plan for all this? Shut the elevators down and it took a while by we re reaping what we didn't ask for.

Where is all the fuel tax going right now?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              This is my thought exactly . If you guys in Alberta think you have shitty roads then you haven't been To many , or any parts of Saskatchewan! By the way , you guys vote for the NDP again and just watch your road and infrastructure money get frittered away. At least in Southern Alberta , where i have traveled a bit , don't see too many bad roads in that area. Trade you Albertan's any day.

Comment

None of the highways were designed for all the semi traffic.we had elevators every 7 miles when roads were built.

Comment

Wlton I live northwest of Edmonton, the highways are not all that bad but the grid roads are not built for the heavy tragic they have on them now, someone dreamed up the idea just add another axle and the sky is the limit.
                  I worked for the county in 62 and we built roads for 1000/mi, used by 1 tons and 3 tons, now roads are about 200,000/mi and still won't hold the loads, back then the highways had a 72000 max weight every thing over needed permits,1 co I worked for had 1 bed truck we had to permit empty to leave the yard now that is small potatoes, my point is what will it cost in todays dollars.

Comment

I live on a highway and the ruts throw a truck around, so no alberta is not all that pretty either.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how much maintenance could have been saved if the railways were left running or even expanded carrying out grain

Comment

I agree the roads in Saskatchewan are absolutely garbage in all corners of the province. I drive about 50,000 kms a year in this province , I keep my truck new and it is disgusting the quality of our roads. Where does all the money from gas tax go? RM’s are running out of gravel. We have a serious issue developing with respect to road infrastructure. We need some serious leadership to sit down and develop a strategy to fix our roads and keep them maintained. It may take a billion dollars or more. We may have to have toll highway like Florida/Texas and hold the politicians responsible to pay for the road and actually not steal the funds. RM’s need to turn scarce gravel into pavement on high density roads. 35 million tonnes of grain and growing, plus the regular population deserves good roads....but it won’t be free.

Comment

It is shocking how worn out, cracked, rough even highways through towns and cities are. Wadena is embarrassing. RR crossings are disgusting. Too few population/votes equals we don't matter. Trump is spending BILLIONS on US highways and their taxes are a fraction of ours, WTF? Or again population?

Comment

Recognizing people who choose gender re-assignment or sexual orientation different than the equipment they're born with, legalizing pot, sending and spending money outside our borders, allowing closure of viable grain delivery points, hauling unfathomable amounts of gravel to build bypasses and cities, grants to unsustainable irrigation projects, resource royalty give aways and holidays, ad nauseam... have all taken priority over highways.

Decades old infrastructure built to decades old standards won't stand up to modern requirements and demands. And they're behind upgrading to the required new standards, I doubt they'll ever get caught up.

Sad when costs(Labour, equipment and material) become limiting factors to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              , allowing closure of viable grain delivery points, , grants to unsustainable irrigation projects, .
                              I was at a meeting about irrigation in Outlook and they were saying what it provides for economy....

I laughed and said there are no grain elevators or rail shipping points nearby and the highway I just drove in on is absolute garbage.....What are you guys talking about.

At another meeting I asked when the irrigators are going to get off the tit ....their response was they are not on it ....really why is the government involved in every expansion or repair? to the tune of millions of dollars.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...