• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Weekend Gas Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    In the interests of full disclosure why not include the profit oil companies are making, the royalties they are paying in each country and region, the tax breaks and direct and indirect subsidies they receive. then we can have an informed discussion about the real cost of fuel.
    Couple of thoughts. First off I am not in favour of government subsidies to business whether it be an oil company or for Toyota in Ontario expanding an automobile plant. My point was that Canada and the U.S. have a very integrated supply chain on refined petroleum products and what each oil company is making has nothing to do with the difference in what you and I pay for gasoline compared to someone in the U.S. As was pointed the wholesale price in both countries is very similar once you account for currency differences. It all comes down to government tax not subsidy Chuck2, taxes make the difference and Canadian governments want to put more taxes on our fuel with escalating carbon taxes. Certainly will help our competition.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...