• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes the sun heat and W I N D!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least my dreams of ranching lasted 20 years. HA

Comment

Still going around potholes here
      They are slowly going away .
      1 st seeded wheat up and can see the rows . Peas should be up next 2 days
      Canola going in with planter
      Soil getting tight , but moisture still good

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Even if it did rain now, I think our alfalfa is pooched. It won’t even feed the gophers.
        The alfalfa seems to be having a particularly tough time compared to grass and I'm not sure why. Went into winter in decent shape, didn't winterkill but just painfully slow to come - then it got frosted a week ago. With the deeper taproots it should be able to access moisture easier than the grass which leads me to wonder if the main problem is still low soil temperature deeper down? We seeded a field last spring that is woeful. Cancelled seeding another field this spring and put in triticale on the weekend instead. We really need this inch of rain that's in the forecast desperately - hope all that need it get it and those that don't, don't.

Comment

It's so dry the Barn Swallows are importing mud to make their nests with

Comment

Looks like another windy day or two ..

Comment

Rainfall projections over next 48hrs:

NAM

RDPS

GFS

Seems the one thing they all agree on is that my area will miss it. Quite a change from 4-5 days ago when we were modelled to get 1"+.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                The alfalfa seems to be having a particularly tough time compared to grass and I'm not sure why. Went into winter in decent shape, didn't winterkill but just painfully slow to come - then it got frosted a week ago. With the deeper taproots it should be able to access moisture easier than the grass which leads me to wonder if the main problem is still low soil temperature deeper down? We seeded a field last spring that is woeful. Cancelled seeding another field this spring and put in triticale on the weekend instead. We really need this inch of rain that's in the forecast desperately - hope all that need it get it and those that don't, don't.
                Alfalfa looks surprising good here even after the frost . You could be right about frost in ground . Tried to shove a fence post into black exposed dirt with loader 8 days ago and would only go in a foot

Comment

Looks like a system might be forming afterall. starting to build in northern CA, OR, northern Nevada, Idaho, and west Montana. Fingers and toes crossed. Need it in the worst way. 1/2 minimum.

Comment

Congrats to the lotto winners north of the valley

Looks like we got wind and a bit of humidity at 50mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                      Congrats to the lotto winners north of the valley

Looks like we got wind and a bit of humidity at 50mph.
                      What about the "lot of whiners" south of the valley?

Comment

We got one drop 💧 Per square inch.

Anything short of two inches won't do a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          What about the "lot of whiners" south of the valley?
                          Haha. You missed your calling farma.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            What's the income though with "too wet to seed" or crop insurance?
                            In AB it works like this: 160 acres on a quarter times 5% deductible is 8 acres. Suppose you seed 130 acres. Then you are paid 30-8=22 times $49 which equals $1078.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...