• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes the sun heat and W I N D!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree corner to corner, enjoying perfect NONE MUD conditions.Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	766436

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Just so you know; yield is zero when land is too wet too seed.....
      What's the income though with "too wet to seed" or crop insurance?

Comment

Piss all.they deduct 6 percent of whole farm first..then pay you the balance..cover roundup cost on summer fallow.that was it..even at the 100 dollar rate.

Comment

Yup...perfect, 16% RH in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto.

Can't sugar coat that...its ****en gross!

Comment

Full blown dust storm here today.

52 bushel canola average by year 2025.....

Comment

Durum poking out straight into the sand blast furnace. Hope Drew Lerner is right about thursday night and I can stop whining on here.

Comment

.....not seeding tomorrow either! **** it, I'm a STO(small time operator), it can wait. Hopefully I will be able to spray Authority in the rain!!!! The neighbors will think I've lost my mind....sad thing is they are partially right!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  sask crop insurance don't pay !

They ain't getting a dime from this BTO !
                  Oh Jesus!

Comment

Didn't plant yesterday, had other things to catch up on, 3/4 done so not panicked. Brutal wind. Went back to check on earlier planted fields, OMG there's trouble. Made me sick to my stomach. Moisture between the rows, but the furrows and seed bed in the furrows dried right out. Even planted much deeper than normal, still the wind has sucked away the moisture where the ground has been opened. Neighbours the same. Canola to plant yet, I think I'll be holding off till it rains, or plant something else, she's brutal in the top two inches. Today, Wednesday, sounds like it'll worst than yesterday.

Comment

It reminds me of direct seeding in the late 80s I think it was 1988. You would seed up a mile and back then get out to check your seed and the wind and heat had dried out the area you just seeded. Brutal was the word.

Comment

I'm soooo confident we are going to get rain that I am out spraying Authority this morning!

Comment

One neighbour going hard yesterday in the windstorm. Floating fertiliser on and heavy harrowing it in with a planter going the other end of the field. Topsoil from the harrows was blowing over a 1/4 mile - when do some people get to the point of thinking "maybe this isn't a good idea"?

Comment

It's getting extremely dry in the dirt hills, it's already browned off, buckbrush and wolf willow is dropping leaves and almost bare.

This is year two it won't take many more years like this and cows in this area are going to be on the endangered species list.

A few miles east there's a nice 27 quarter ranch for sale, only 183,000 a quarter, it's pretty hard to get excited about adding some more dust to the ponderosa when it's this dry. That land is pretty close to the cheep stuff RB sold this spring, good luck to Shepherd realty. I'm praying for rain in the palliser triangle.

Comment

Neighbor's alfalfa stand, May 16/18...for a dairy. Sad. Not an oldstand either.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                                Yep, and the problems are more immediate with livestock. Guys that are running out of feed now need grass now and for the summer and to grow feed for next winter and there are no crop insurance cheques forthcoming. A rancher always prays for rain - it's part of the job description.
                                Even if it did rain now, I think our alfalfa is pooched. It won’t even feed the gophers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...