• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manipulator

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    It is good though that manipulator amd clever are finally “ok” to use .
    There is a place for these products.
    clever is ok also ? hadn't heard that?

Comment

We are so damn dry we are going to need Reverse Maniputlator to get a stand tall enough to harvest.

We turned the drill to max down pressure and deepest setting this afternoon. Just got to find moisture somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        We are so damn dry we are going to need Reverse Maniputlator to get a stand tall enough to harvest.

We turned the drill to max down pressure and deepest setting this afternoon. Just got to find moisture somewhere
        That sucks Ache , been there . Any rain taken out of our forecast now.
        What we seeded today is good but , it’s not great and will be gone in 10 days .
        Some lighter land in areas running out already in some spots here too.
        Our 14 day seeding window might get interesting by the end here.
        Forecasts can change , hope for the best.

Comment

Thanks furrow. Yeah seems a bit like last year...predict rain then change the forecast.

I have no idea how we will seed canola. The moisture is at least 1.5” Down now and heading lower. Seeding canola at 2” seems like a bad idea.

We added a weight kit to the drill over the weekend. That helped a bit. Pretty soon going to need to upgrade the wing hydraulic Rams so we can add another 5000lb of weight

Even as I was heading home tonight, I said it can change with a nice 2” rain fall in the next 10-14 dates. We would be back in the game

Comment

.....don't read Drew's Weather Prognosticator.....ignorance was bliss. Now there's half a dozen weather forecasting services, find one with a forecast you like and hope for the best.

I have little faith in long term precipitation forecasts, I've learned not to get my hopes up and set myself up for disappointment.

Just being realistic, but if this year's precip plays out like last year, we're ****ed!

Comment

no rain forecasted here for all of may. 30 C today, with a lovely wind.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                It is good though that manipulator amd clever are finally “ok” to use .
                There is a place for these products.
                Every declaration I have seen for this year still won't accept quincloraq or 'clever'.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Just being realistic, but if this year's precip plays out like last year, we're ****ed!

Not according to the youngings.

To me, this has some characteristics of 1988. I wasn't farming but do remember.

Although the later some seeded that year the better the crop.
                  Last edited by bucket; May 7, 2018, 08:25.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...