• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCC Farmland Report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fj, I wouldn't know how to farm up there, from the Slum of the Ghetto to Paradise in the Garden of Eden would be more than I could handle, too much (agri)CULTURE shock for me.

Good luck seeding.
    Take care and work safe.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      Good point Big Wheel. It would be detrimental for FCC to report lower famland values. Extremely detrmental if they reported negative growth. FCC (all lenders for that matter) needs to keep the party going. They lend money on debt/asset. If the land assets drop in value this would be the tipping point/Minsky moment some people are predicting.
      Its ok to be part of a market correction but they certainly do not want to be the ones to initiate it.
      I dont mean to be spiteful but I sure would like to get on with a correction. The longer this drags out, the worse the end result will be.
      I for one will never wish for the good old days when FCC had a binder on the table in their waiting room with dozens and dozens of parcels of land for sale. Dont fool yourself in thinking that farmers back then couldnt see the forest for the trees. There was no money to be made. I dont think the same can be said now. Many if not most farmers and their families have a much better life style now than then. Machinery costs, etc are another matter. The games played with farmers in that regard will never be matched in land transactions. JMO.

Comment

FCC reports say land increased again in Saskatchewan by over 6% in 2019.

Low interest rates will continue this trend for another couple years in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          Quite a difference between west SK and east SK.
          15% increase on west side of province and 0-1% in east half.
          Topoffs come to mind... Monette be included in "western SK"? There's a few that are really driving the price.

Comment

All you need is a large farm that will pay any amount to get dirt.
            We are in a good spot if and when the time comes..
            Lock in a low interest and good to go.
            Lowest interest rate for houses we heard is 1.7% locked for 5 yrs.
            House selling like hot cakes in Humboldt as a result.
            Last edited by Partners; Oct 24, 2020, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              Topoffs come to mind... Monette be included in "western SK"? There's a few that are really driving the price.
              Hutterite colony’s buying the past year in western sask
              Average family farm has zero chance bidding against them .

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Would it be safe to say that a return to "normal" rainfall levels in each respective area would cause those prices to go the opposite directions? Is this a reflection of the west side now becoming a garden of eden with higher rainfall, and the east side becoming a lake?
                Down here in the Maple Creek area where I farm is not a garden of eden the last few years! Our "average" yields down here would make some of you run home crying to Mommy. Too much wind and not enough moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                  Down here in the Maple Creek area where I farm is not a garden of eden the last few years! Our "average" yields down here would make some of you run home crying to Mommy. Too much wind and not enough moisture.
                  Probably a lot of factors that are pushing up land prices in SW Sask?

Comment

Green lentil prices approaching $0.40/lb should provide support in the short term.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...