• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRS Declassification Continues! Who else thinks this is a big game.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If like poorboy calls it AC Brandon is under review then that proves this is a total horse shit play by seed groups.

AC Brandon is the number one wheat grown in Canada.

F#$K farmers wake up everyone is there for a pound of flesh and our bones are picked clean.

USeless people running all ag in Canada.

Farmers are dead last and falling further.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
      I have a question. On Aug 1st 2018 there is 29 classes, most of which were CWRS will become CNHR. What happens to all the wheat in store in the elevators and terminals that was bought as CWRS and comingled. It should be all down graded to feed wheat. Because it is all blended and anything over 7.5 wheat of other classes in 3 CWRS becomes feed.

Who is going to take the hit on that?
      thats simple wm , no elevator co will take the hit . these rules don't apply to elevators only farmers . it will take 2-3 years to clean last of these varieties out . and every year or two , there will be more added as the seed co's quest to all "bought, expensive "seed comes to pass. soon it will cost $60/ac for seed to grow wheat as well. wait now , that won't work , no one will grow it............
      if brandon is on the list , some heads need to roll at the agency that is registering these varieties in the first place
      maybe when we buy a new variety we should make seed co sign an agreement that it won't be declassified for ten years???
      maybe the wheat growers check off should go towards doing some gluten tests on these varieties that are being registered and declassified a year or two later, you know , independent ones,
      red water would be a good place to start

Comment

Maybe time for a class action. I bought x wheat variety with the expectation i could clean and save my own seed for as long as i want. Now I am losing income because cnhr class is worth less.

Comment

Its ridiculous do they honestly think the graincos are segregating the classes. The graincos sell based on HVK, Protein and Falling number. These changes just give more opportunity for the graincos to pay us less. Instead of keeping the industry honest they foster the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            maybe the wheat growers check off should go towards doing some gluten tests on these varieties that are being registered and declassified a year or two later, you know , independent ones,
            red water would be a good place to start
            It will be interesting to see the results of baking tests on the CNHR class after this year's harvest.
            Also, if there is a great variety that has now been put in the CNHR class it may still make sense to grow it.

Comment

The old american varieties in the cnhr class faller and prosper will out produce any cwrs that has been moved into the cnhr class by 10-25 percent. So basically is was a waste of time to have those cwrs varieties bred

Comment

Thankfully I live where durum is the main cereal. Bought some certified Brandon last spring, plan on growing some this year. If they keep taking varieties off the list guess I will stick to durum, and that’s another market that’s in the crapper.

Comment

How long is it going to take to move all this mixed classes through the system?

How is it going to be done with elevators and terminals sitting full?

What about volunteer wheat of other classes that come in fields and get mixed with new classes.

One of the reasons we change seed is because it becomes contaminated with WOOC easy to see if it is durum in spring wheat but now we sign declaration guaranteeing purity and take all responsibility.

What is WCWGA stand on this? Every other producer organization seems to be very quite too.

Comment

Wondered about cwes also, i thought its purpose was blending gluten up.

Comment

can we see the results of gluten testing by variety some where.

if not then why not , so we can see what is on the chopping block next.

they must know

Comment

Don't tell me you're just hearing about this now?

This has been in the news, in papers, spoken about at meetings for 2 years!! You guys are acting like you just found out?
                        I can't even take the time to reply to all the stupidity on this one, but I'll try anyway:
                        - yes, grain companies do segregate wheat by class in the terminals. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to ship it. They sell based on grade, protein, and class. This isn't news, nor is it a secret.
                        - this was decided by the grain commission, not the grain companies (it makes their job more difficult too) more segregations in the terminals, etc.
                        -most grain cos post their prices, so if you're getting paid the cnhr price instead of the cwrs price (which you won't, cause that's illegal and you're just paranoid) then complain.
                        - the wheat commission was in on the discussion since the beginning. Maybe phone and ask them your dumb questions. Get your money's worth from your checkoff that most of you whine about.
                        -SF3: you should quit farming. If you really think that everyone everywhere is determined to make farmers go broke, it's time to quit. Why in the blue **** would a grain companies goal be to bankrupt the guys they need to stay in business. Some of you are delusional.
                        -some of you are speculating "if this variety or that one is on the list, that's proof that we're getting screwed". Brandon isn't on the list. Go read the ****ing list! It's online and very easy to find. At least educate yourselves before coming here and whining and looking stupid.
                        -I'm sure of you look, you can find the gluten tests. I haven't looked cause I have trust in the people I work with. They haven't screwed me yet, but I don't treat them like a pos either.
                        -you are not and never have signed a declaration to say you're delivering a pure class of wheat. You're signing to say you're delivering the class you say it is. You are allowed a certain percent of WOOC in your grain, so if you have volunteers that will cover it. If you're over tolerance, that's not a volunteer problem, it's either a seed or mixed grain problem.
                        -no, I don't work for a ****ing grain company as one of you had messaged to ask me in the past. I'm just a farmer who understands the value of having a good relationship with the people I work with. If you're not a dick, they'll give you good info and invite you to all kinds of meetings.

And finally, I'm am done with this joke of a site. The majority that post under commodity marketing don't seem to understand marketing. All I hear is "wah wah wah, I'm getting screwed." Etc. It's pathetic. I mentioned to my marketer guy that I was on this site, he bust out laughing and asked what a guy like me was doing on whinerville, now I know what he meant.
                        Reply all you want, cut me down like some of you do. I'm done. I won't be here to read your replies.

Good luck to you all! I wish you a successful #plant2018! Adios!

Comment

obviously the marketer mentioned , was on here also , lol

Comment

Mr dylan how about you go screw yourself, people just bought redwater wheat last year to replace harvest, they would not have done that if it was known two years ago it was junk wheat.

Comment

Wow, did you let it all out dylan? See you later - much later.

Comment

He'll be back! I'm just about due for an undressing, tongue lashing, berating and chastising....

Everyone's opinion is welcome, even if I have to take a sucker punch. Look, I post my opinion online...I better be prepared to take a few shots.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...