• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/canada-is-not-a-country/

Nailed it.

Comment

"I was once told by someone wiser than me that a successful marriage requires a constant effort to find connections—the relationship must be continually maintained and strengthened. Because otherwise, when the bad times inevitably arrive, it will be too late. I feel this may apply to Canada. These are sunny days. But the weather will change. And when our storm arrives, we may discover that Canada was never really a country after all."

Wow, what astounding "wisdom" spoken by Climate Barbie's househusband, Scott Gilmore.

It's his wife's mindset (assuming she has one) and policies that are causing the "weather...change".

After all, we know that she claims to be the minister responsible for the weather.

What a stupid piece of drivel.

Comment

California will be voting this year to split into 3 parts. Where,s our vote?

Comment

Smartest thing printed in Macleans in a long while. Absolutely true. I think AB and SK have enough in common that we should merge and separate from Canada. Still enough economic activity here that we would have a chance at paying the bills too.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Smartest thing printed in Macleans in a long while. Absolutely true. I think AB and SK have enough in common that we should merge and separate from Canada. Still enough economic activity here that we would have a chance at paying the bills too.

Excapt for the fact we’d be land-locked East and West. Left-Wing BC would have to come along, who knows, maybe they would.

Comment

My vote would be Thunder Bay and west.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                My vote would be Thunder Bay and west.
                I would have said that too a number of years ago, but with the major Indian drug and welfare issues they are having there, I would make the cutoff just west of T-Bay. Dryden and Atikokan are good, clean conservative towns.

Comment

True enough, I have a cousin in Thunder Bay, they like it, but it is basically a seaport, and I think it would be good to have. I think a western gov't would allow the indigenous people to become part of the country, not a separate nation, and that would be good for them.

Comment

Winnipeg doesn't belong in the new country because almost nobody in that town receives a pay check solely from private sector sources. Mind you as a farmer, there are some subsidies at my place, as there are at yours so I guess not all my income is private sector either. That is the glue that keeps current Canuckistan together, government pogey.
                    Last edited by ajl; Apr 20, 2018, 19:29.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Excapt for the fact we’d be land-locked East and West. Left-Wing BC would have to come along, who knows, maybe they would.
                      There is a lot more to BC than just the lefties in the bottom left corner. Including seaports and a lot of profitable industries and hard-working conservative people. Existing provincial boundaries are imaginary and Arbitrary there's no reason we need to obey them. Plus there is a pro business country directly south of us who would be quite pleased to have us. It would be interesting to see how th equalization payments system works if the easterners succeed in killing the golden goose.
                      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 20, 2018, 23:26.

Comment

Most of BC except Vancouver and Victoria would join us in a heartbeat. I have no problems with joining the US, they don't have state equalization. Some of California wants to leave so we could just be the replacement.

Comment

We could open a Disney Fantasy Land theme park...northern version. SF3 could manage it.

Comment

Yea I would be up for that from my Orlando Location and just fly in and check it out.

HAHAHA

Canada is falling apart and sadly only a few see whats happening, Canada in 50 years will be Brazil of the south before the new Ag phase.

Maybe even Venezuela.

Comment

We adopted England's democracy, but left out the tools that were necessary to balance decisions for the benefit of the whole nation: an effective bicameral system. You need not look farther than the formula for Equalization which is flawed at so many levels, but worked very well to transfer wealth from the west to east.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...