• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take some responsibility please

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnt View Post
    Dylan - Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you have any for this young lady who sought to outright politicize this tragedy? (sorry, I can't do screen shots so just copied and pasted her tweet)

Nora Loreto
    ‏ @NoLore
    Apr 8

Nora Loreto Retweeted HuffPost Canada

This is a lot of money.

Nora Loreto added,
    HuffPost Canada
    Verified account @HuffPostCanada
    GoFundMe for victims of Humboldt Broncos bus crash surpasses $4 million http://huffp.st/WnCdaH0
    184 replies 35 retweets 140 likes

Nora Loreto
    ‏ @NoLore

I'm trying to not get cynical about what is a totally devastating tragedy but the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are, of course, playing a significant role.
    6:49 PM - 8 Apr 2018

194 Retweets
    602 Likes
    William R. Cawston
    niko
    Jaylene Wells
    Simon
    Melanie Bartel
    🐐🐐 Giantpony 🐐🐐
    Robert Leamon
    Rezo
    littlemanpondering
    I've seen this on twitter, yes. Nora Loreto is so far left that the left won't even accept her. She's a perfect example of internalized racism, and frankly not even worth giving the time of day. She used this tragedy as a way of gaining followers on twitter and is now playing the victim due to the very large amount of backlash she's receiving on social media. I had heard very little of her before this, and once this incident blows over, I'm sure she'll crawl back in to her hole and if we're lucky, we won't here of her again.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
      2 years ago we had a bad accident a mile from our farm. Local contractor shaving corners hired India crew from southern Alberta. My sons came on the seen and nobody around. Passenger side of the Pete and passenger seat was striped off of truck and rolled into a ball in the ditch. Was hit from behind by his buddy in another gravel enddump outfit. That truck was gone. 100 yard visibility fog conditions at 7 in the morning in August. India crew showed up and were going to try and get the truck out of there. Boys had called cops and they showed up right away. No plates on truck nor on the driver. Local sargeant called my boys after and told them to stay a long way away from this crew. Bad news everywhere they go. Told another of their tricks is a lot have the same name, one guy gets the license and 10 guys get a copy of it. Another is a driver trainer who had a group of 10 show up, one guy is the talker and was telling the trainer how things would work and how things would be done. He told them to turn around and get the **** out. They just go find the next guy who will work With them. And yes Dylan, it is time to talk about it, they are counting on the likes of you to help take the light off this problem.
      I never said it shouldn't be talked about, did I? I said at least let the people be laid to rest
      FIRST. You know....out of respect!

Comment

reading all about those good comments re Humboldt accident
        those local people living around this well lid intersection and how this
        still unnamed truck driver went non stop .
        yes coming lately through Europa all these traffic circle,s !
        do save life,s and are coming here to finally ! moving traffic vast .very safe!
        red about truck owner loss of business , wonder if he the driver came back and dropt of flowers
        and see what has happened in sask! so sad for al who lost there live,s and the ones still recovering in hospital and home

Comment

I feel sorry for the people in the yard . I wonder if anyone thought about how they feel when they read the comments about the trees , and apparently the news media has been hounding the shit out of them . like travis ,said trees are a non issue you can see as far south and north as your eyes will let you . and apparently the people in that yard found enough blankets in a few minutes for every one that needed them . stripped their own beds and everything . let's just quit beating around the bush . everyone knows what happened at that intersection . I wonder why the news media doesn't hound the truck driver like they are the people in that yard and people paying their respects at the site ?
          a good news story I heard on Saturday was that a young man from carrot river that was at the scene raised money for the people in the yard to replace blankets , sheets ,quilts , etc. . what a fine young person to do this on his own ! hats off to the people living in that yard for doing what they could

Comment

Not much said because the driver isn't white. There I said it. It's what I think everyone wants to say but fk it already.

Some of the blame goes all the way back to the system of getting immigrants over here to fill jobs any way they can. In a way it may be more that fault than re drivers as he most likely never should have had a license in the first place.

Our immigration is a shit show. We re paying for it in so many obvious ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
              I've seen this on twitter, yes. Nora Loreto is so far left that the left won't even accept her. She's a perfect example of internalized racism, and frankly not even worth giving the time of day. She used this tragedy as a way of gaining followers on twitter and is now playing the victim due to the very large amount of backlash she's receiving on social media. I had heard very little of her before this, and once this incident blows over, I'm sure she'll crawl back in to her hole and if we're lucky, we won't here of her again.
              Sounds exactly like Miranda Dyck .... bashing the Stanley go fund me page .

Loonie hard core leftists

Comment

Callers to Gormley suggest extremely low bids to haul stuff causes very low wages, therefore immigrant under qualified drivers paid SFA, driving long hours in a hurry.... Need to pay more for hauling...to get quality and safety

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                  The CBC would seem to differ with your assessment. Coren - "...what she said was not actually wrong...", making her out to be a victim.

But, whatever - maybe someday the CBC will crawl back into its hole...

Comment

I got my class 1 licence over 25 years ago and the one thing my instructor drilled into my head was that when you approach any intersection you always scan it to make sure that if someone comes into the intersection you can try to avoid then because some times people don't stop when they should.
                    I know if you stop it is like Travis says you can see clearly south and north but PEOPLE SOMETIMES DON'T STOP and with the trees there you don't stand a chance to try and avoid them.
                    I don't like seeing the media hounding the guy in the corner but there were six crosses already there when he moved there so he should not be surprised when something else bad happens.

What happened here is criminal and race and religion is a factor and a result of a government immigration policy!
                    Last edited by seldomseen; Apr 17, 2018, 00:43.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...