• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take some responsibility please

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take some responsibility please

So hard to hear the trucking company in the broncos crash talk about how his life is changed...wtf..your unnamed driver killed 16 people after blowing a stop sign. Then the RCMP are not releasing the drivers name because they are afraid of stirring the race wars pot. Why in Canada are criminals often treated better than the victims?!?

"It changed my whole life, this incident," Sukhmander Singh told reporters outside his suburban Calgary home Wednesday.
    The soft-spoken and visibly tired man said he doesn't know what his next steps will be, as an investigation continues into the collision, which happened near Tisdale, Sask. on Friday.
    "Lots of pressure on my mind," he said. "My work is gone. My other truck is shut down now."

My sister traveled extensively in India and she told me that the truck and bus drivers there are absolute maniacs. They hang religious figures and icons all over in the cabs of their trucks and then they don't follow any rules of the road. They think as long they pray to there gods nothing bad will happen. My sister told me it was so bad on some of the busses that Western people would beat up the driver and force him off the bus. If you don't believe me just google " The India Times Bus crashes"

The way these guys think is if they get in a dangerous place they just start praying and their God will keep then safe and just think how that guy is now convinced how good his God kept him safe! He crawled out of that truck and said to himself "God is great I survived" Life means nothing to them as long as they are safe.

They are just so different culturally and that's what we have to adjust to in the future.
    Last edited by seldomseen; Apr 12, 2018, 08:22.

Comment

They are just so different culturally and that's what we have to adjust to in the future.

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

Yup.
        That's just my weak attempt at sarcasm. If they come here they have to accept our way of life!

Comment

Ethics and moral standards might be a tad different.

Whose house are we talking about? Are we in theirs or are they in ours. Who has to, I mean should, adjust to what?

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post

"It changed my whole life, this incident," Sukhmander Singh told reporters outside his suburban Calgary home Wednesday.
            The soft-spoken and visibly tired man said he doesn't know what his next steps will be, as an investigation continues into the collision, which happened near Tisdale, Sask. on Friday.
            "Lots of pressure on my mind," he said. "My work is gone. My other truck is shut down now."
            "He doesn't know what his next steps will be"... guaranteed a new #d company is being established, and current company being financially gutted. Apply for new safety fitness certificate, register with IFTA, swap the plates and voila, you're back into decks.

Comment

Ok, you hit the nail on the head it will happen and business as usual with a new nice logo or even duck tape lettering on the door.

Comment

One log book for the authorities and then the real one hidden somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  That's just my weak attempt at sarcasm. If they come here they have to accept our way of life!
                  No.

You were right the first time.

The evidence is everywhere throughout our society.

Comment

Two accidents near Virden, MB this morning. First driver charged going too fast was Asif Mehmood. Second driver was Gurjeet Kang. Almost killed a prominent Medora area family.

Also, Delta Driving School in Calgary, driving instructor Jaswant Singh, issued hundreds of fraudulent Class 1 licences. Encouraged students to cheat. Charged after a long investigation.

Fine them big then throw the assholes out of Canada for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Two accidents near Virden, MB this morning. First driver charged going too fast was Asif Mehmood. Second driver was Gurjeet Kang. Almost killed a prominent Medora area family.

Also, Delta Driving School in Calgary, driving instructor Jaswant Singh, issued hundreds of fraudulent Class 1 licences. Encouraged students to cheat. Charged after a long investigation.

Not to mention "the guy" they have to cvip their rigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post

Refer to my above post.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          "He doesn't know what his next steps will be"... guaranteed a new #d company is being established, and current company being financially gutted. Apply for new safety fitness certificate, register with IFTA, swap the plates and voila, you're back into decks.
                          Makes one wonder how times that has happened already. Company name doesn't match the owners name? So many questions

Comment

There is so much truth to this whole thread.
                            I loaded alongside a driver up at Meadow Lake OSB who would not shut his truck off indoors b c it was losing air so quickly the pump was just keeping up. The whole outfit looked rough and not sure his name was Singh, but very likely. And where was his load going? Vancouver. No regard for public or personal safety.
                            Immigrant drivers have taken over the SuperB deck business. It’s hard work. I did it for ten winters. But at what risk to everyone else on the road when drivers from another country, where it doesn’t snow, where a three ton body job is a big truck, come here get a 1A and with no experience start towing 63.5 tonnes around the country? It’s a recipe for disaster and last Friday illustrated that even if, by some reason no one has yet pointed out, it was not completely the truck driver at fault.
                            Is more training an answer? Possibly. Driving a loaded truck as part of the 1A training would be a start. Maybe another level of license to pull supers. Maybe some length of time driving with a supervisor in the other seat once you get the license. There has to be something that comes of this.

Comment

We all know that there is a segment of truck drivers who push the limits beyond safe operation of the 60+ ton, 600 HP implements of potential mass destruction that they operate. If this guy doesn't go to jail the message is there are no consequences for truckers driving dangerously.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...