• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its almost hard to believe.......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    One of his species emerged here yesterday - don't think he was very impressed with the earlier proclamations when there was still snow on top of his pile of railway ties!
    Gophers here are hungry and in a complete state of confusion.

I know I was hoping for a slow thaw but I didn't think it was going to be this slow, maybe best for my ground moisture conditions. A bit of snow forecast for here tomorrow, "rain" would have been nice, it usually stays were it falls. Oh well.....

Comment

A friend has a sale Friday and I can't imagine getting equipment ready. Golfed last year already on plus 17 days. Ok, hit a ball around.

You can sled anywhere anytime north of the valley.

Last year had two drills one getting set up other getting new hoses and I think we had both almost ready. Click image for larger version

Name:	xcdrD+8PSim73jg19fM38g.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	766379

But I do remember one year the trees didn't get leaves until June.

Frost years every night cooled off so much and you wore a hoodie most days. A bunny hug for Sask guys.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Its almost hard to believe how wrong Wiarton Willie got it.
        So we shake an unwilling participant awake out of a winter-long nap; his color already indicates that he's a weird sample of his species, we surround him with lights and cameras and a noisy, laughing crowd snapping his picture before he's seen a comb or food - and THEN expect him to give an accurate weather report on a minute's notice with the world watching....

It's almost hard to believe that anyone would put any stock in what he says! LOL!

No surprise here -

The mayor of Sun Prairie, Wisc., got a little too close to Jimmy the weather forecasting groundhog on the annual holiday.
        Last edited by burnt; Apr 10, 2018, 08:10.

Comment

Come on burnt, have a little fun. We all know it's bullshit.

I'm one of the first people to scoff at folklore, but I humor it!

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            So we shake an unwilling participant awake out of a winter-long nap; his color already indicates that he's a weird sample of his species, we surround him with lights and cameras and a noisy, laughing crowd snapping his picture before he's seen a comb or food - and THEN expect him to give an accurate weather report on a minute's notice with the world watching....

It's almost hard to believe that anyone would put any stock in what he says! LOL!
            Except for the lights, cameras and noisy laughing crowd you have described me to a T

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Didn't you hear Al Gore? He has already assured us that this cold is most definitely caused by global warming, and is exactly what was expected to happen. I'm not making that up either. Personally, I thought I liked the concept of global warming, and was all in favor, but after experiencing it lately, I've changed my mind, I think I will change sides and join Suzuki and Chuck campaigning against global warming.
              hard to believe seemingly educated people believe con men like him and colonel suzuki

Comment

Come on burnt, have a little fun. We all know it's bullshit.

I'm one of the first people to scoff at folklore, but I humor it!
                Should use appropriate emoticons when posting I guess. It was totally all in light vein - or is it all in vain?

Okay, in case you missed that one - it was another weak attempt at humor...

Comment

Hard to believe it felt like spring this morning, only minus 12 . Warmest morning in a long long time .

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    Should use appropriate emoticons when posting I guess. It was totally all in light vein - or is it all in vain?

Okay, in case you missed that one - it was another weak attempt at humor...
                    Since the theme was weather...maybe it was in vane...

Comment

Since the theme was weather...maybe it was in vane...
                      Doh. Talk about leaving somebody twisting in the wind.

It's almost hard to believe...

Comment

I remember previous years when I didn't have to plow my drill out of 4ft hard packed snow drifts...

Should be able to hit the field next week!

Comment

We did that in 2013 , then 6 days later it snowed and blew all in again .

Comment

Heaven help me if it packs in I'll need one of those snow blowers they use on BC mountain passes...

Comment

Today a fair bit if snow is predicted. Glad it isn’t me having an auction sale Friday. Kindersley to Yorkton 5-6 inches predicted.

Comment

Ground was pretty well bare again after some sun yesterday, and froze very lightly overnight.

Got the plow-down clover seed on the winter wheat this morning. Now it's snowing again...

It's almost hard to believe it's actually well into spring.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...