• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Rally

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Talk is cheap !

Show me the money !

Gerry !
    Springer. I think he meant Jerry Springer.

Because he said "Show me..."

Get it? (It's another joke.) Man I hope your coffee kicks in soon.

Comment

Like! LOL

Comment

Another GrainCo offering a premium. Matching what I got, too late.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Another GrainCo offering a premium. Matching what I got, too late.
          Now you can work on getting $12.50 for your canola.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
            That sounds a little too hopeful....👍

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Yup sure but North Dakota farmers have been getting that for quite a while now....

Comment

Need MGE July wheat to close over 642.50 to show momentum. Getting close.

Finally some concern about late planting. Maybe the trade finally looked at the satellite pics showing the whole spring wheat crop area still white with snow at mid April.

Has anyone seen stats showing a greater or lesser chance of spring frost on crops when there is a late, cooler arrival of spring? Is spring frost only related to dryness and or heavy trash?

Comment

I don't know how much frost it would take to kill a one leaf wheat seedling. Is the "growing point(crown") even developed below the soil surface at the one leaf stage? We've had more advanced wheat take a hit of frost, turned it orange, but it recovers.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    I don't know how much frost it would take to kill a one leaf wheat seedling. Is the "growing point(crown") even developed below the soil surface at the one leaf stage? We've had more advanced wheat take a hit of frost, turned it orange, but it recovers.

Anyone?
                    Not sure on winter wheat, it must be pretty tough. Spring wheat at one or 2 leaves is still growing beneath the surface so takes a lot of weather to kill it, sets it back though. Even see volunteer wheat that grows 1 or 2 leaves in the fall green up in the spring here sometimes, never seems to be a problem though, must not have enough vigour left and spring field and seeding work finishes it off.

Comment

Good run up but struggling to hold gains -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	766381

Comment

Seems Minni has paused waiting for directions.

Comment

I think it might be, that the trade is waiting to see if this MAJOR SNOW STORM hits the northern plains or not. Gawd it better stay south of the U.S. border. Most of SD to get 12-24 inches.
                          There's a chart, if you scroll a little at this link. If that storm takes a path any further north, it would be disaster for spring seeded crops in USA.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/major-late-season-snowstorm-blizzard-to-hammer-travel-in-north-central-us/70004659 https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/major-late-season-snowstorm-blizzard-to-hammer-travel-in-north-central-us/70004659

Comment

Comon u bugger break out, daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Comment

Holding some low protein, low fusarium 1cw wheat over until new crop year.
                              Futures predict 5% price increase plus or minus protein price spread.
                              Anyone care to predict how much we will make or lose per bushel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                                Holding some low protein, low fusarium 1cw wheat over until new crop year.
                                Futures predict 5% price increase plus or minus protein price spread.
                                Anyone care to predict how much we will make or lose per bushel?
                                Pro: low fuzz and #1
                                Con: low Px

Depending on the quality of next year's crop will likely determine your carry over's value more than it's own specs.

We did well carrying 2016 durum into 2017.

If only we knew, good luck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...