• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so a carbon tax will destroy us but a pst hike won't?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so a carbon tax will destroy us but a pst hike won't?

Talk of hiking the pst to eliminate the wasteful and out of touch spending of our sask party. Can't have it both ways and say carbon tax will destroy us then hammer us with an even bigger tax of your own.
    Instead of playing politics with the carbon how about being smarter and just get the *** thing back like was exclaimed by the Feds? Get a carbon rebate for farmers and other industries that already doing things to help the carbon myth
    Problem.
    But no the real reason our gov doesn't want the carbon tax is because they want to hammer the shit out of us. Way worse than the Ndp ever was and the Ndp
    Never had a boom of revenue caused by world prices that abnormally boomed. Not because someone was so smart.
    In fact our government was beyond dumb and looks like another puppet of the original oil puppet.
    Fk it I ll vote Ndp if they do this. I m not supporting them all filling their oil biddies pockets while anyone not in oil industry pays for it.

Farmers don't matter anymore and they are easy to tax ....not enough to make noise about it....

Farm groups don't get the ear of government and the ears are not listening anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Farmers don't matter anymore and they are easy to tax ....not enough to make noise about it....

Farm groups don't get the ear of government and the ears are not listening anyway......
      ....there's too much unnecessary loud social "noise" in the government's ear to hear the things that are necessary and important to the country's economy, provincial and federal.

Comment

That's all true guys but how do we get someone in that actually deals with the issues and doesn't play all these stupid political games?

It's not just us farmers either the pst will destroy small business and small town growth more than anything.

Like a broken record where the hell are our farm groups? Small business groups to say this is what the Feds are doing why not be smarter and beat them at their own game. Take the carbon tax find a way to get it all back and maybe even more?!? Instead of spending how many millions fighting in courts etc?

Lower our taxes so that we get businesses and farms more competitive? Doesn't that actually work?

But the truth is we were lied to the deficit and state of our affairs is way worse than we were told that's obvious. Even after taxing the shit out of us and not the oil industry by the way we re still headed to the shitter. The global hub desaster if it wasn't for sask power dumping money into an imaginary development there'd be bankruptcy going on. But hey higher rural rates will fix all that right?? Also thanks for taking our crop insurance money which I wonder do the Feds know this? And at the same time raising premiums where guys collected due torment drought and where many people were denied coverages in a serious drought? And then charge a too wet premium when no one else is anywhere near that premium.
        Thanks for taking away the gas rebate. all to pay for someone to get free oil shares in companies paying off a political party. Thanks so much!!!!

Some of you can't say hey see trump
        Lowered tax and look at how good it is and at the same time say look we raised the pst and look how good it is. Lmao!!
        Last edited by the big wheel; Apr 8, 2018, 07:11.

Comment

Gotta agree, the oil revenue went to their heads, even worse than Alberta. You could see it coming, with the carbon sequestration spending, then on to football stadium, overpassses, and I am missing a lot. That huge slush fund went to Wall’s head. Every province, even nations wanted him for leader. There was no talk of restraint, cautious optimism, no way- take the high road and here we are. That’s just my take- I am disappointed, to say the least.

Comment

Here in AB when the NDP is finally gone in two years time, the carbon tax will be repealed but we will have to have a sales tax to service the debt that has been run up these last 10 years even after cuts to government spending are done. The goose that lays the golden egg here in Canuckistan (energy industry) has been slaughtered.

Comment

Wow, I will agree one thing with all of you. Useless people advising the government need to go.

That is the biggest problem, pigs at the trough.

But the alternative scares the shit out of me.

I have a good memory and the Old Sask was awful.

Plus Unions running Sask. vs Business pickers ill take the business guys.

Yes, oil spiked but a useless federal gov is hurting oil and potash went to ground zero, so to revenue streams ended.

Yes, we all can pick winners on an up run but a downward is hard to get.

What some here don't get is the carbon tax isn't going to accomplish anything Trudeau is blowing smoke up all your ass.

The USA doesn't have one and we do how are we going to be competitive. If I own a drilling company or other ill set up in ND not Sask or Manitoba or Montana.

Now debt of a province.

We have minor debt vs every other province and you guys still yap that task is doing so bad.

Do you want Alberta's 100 Billion or Manitoba's 33 Billion or Ontario's WTF or Canadas Trillion? But these are all wise governments.

I'm missing something.

Comment

It never laid a golden egg here it shit it's self and now we all have to pay to keep it going.

These are the true world prices take a look at the pumps and tell me how is the oil industry suffering and how are governments broke.

It's like if I ran my farm thinking canola was going to be 20 bucks a bushel for ever after it was for a couple years due to some abnormal situation. If I planned my farm to run on 20 dollar canola I d be considered dumb and incompetent. But governments are hailed as so smart but who is paying for the imaginary 20 dollar canola (100 dollar oil)

Comment

A cloverleaf at each of the major intersections around Regina would have done the trick....

There is absolutely no economic sense to the GTH ....you can't ship containers from the east and west coast ...have them pass through the most populous cities in Canada and translation them off in butt**** Saskatchewan then truck them back to the cities they have been through.....there is no sense in it....economically or environmentally makes zero sense...

Someone tell me what I am missing ....the taxpayers are missing about 2 billion on that fiasco/Fiaco alone.....

Comment

Ok, big wheel we have farmers who think spending a 100 an acre on rent and renting more and growing canola year after year will keep them a healthy farm when every single farmer knows sooner or later the RB auction truck will sell their farm.

Yes, the Regina overpass is a huge **** up. Really its Regina I could have figured something out with a napkin and a pen. I agree on that.

The transportation hub is a good idea but like most things, Sask planning isn't the best.

But I will take a 2% PST increase over shit for brains Carbon tax that keeps going up and up and up.

Scarry part is Trudeau doesn't care. Take a look at what joe Canada has in RRSPs in Canada and Savings. Just the average joe and if Canada fails with the banking rules they can tap that to save the banks so why can't the feds tap that to save Canada.

Joe Canada is broke and starts again Trudeau and company move to an island and leave the mess for others to clean up.

Canada is going down a slippery slope and NDP Lib ways big deficits are not the answer.

Because I know if Sask had an NDP Gov they would blame Brad or Devine or whoever and Run us Billions in Debt.

would you be happy if Sask. had a 50 Billion Debt but 20000 more gov employees and still shitty roads and hospital closures etc in Rural?

I think Not.

That's the Alternative.

you want it to vote it in. I'm Going with Plan C then.

Comment

Hahahaha we ve got all that mess your talking about and guess what there is no Ndp government!!!

Comment

Things are definitely going to slow down for those who don't live close to border and can't buy US fuel. Went over Friday to fill diesel pickup, 3.00 US a gallon vs 1.41 CDN a litre in town. Even with exchange, I'm now saving over $50 CDN every time I fill up pickup on US side. The savings are even greater with gas. By summer I'm sure the difference will be closer to $80.

Sure hope fuel goes to $2.00 all summer in BC. $2.50 would be better. See how fast they can dismantle their economy.

Comment

You have look at this objectively....neither Devine nor the NDP ruined this province ....Brad Wall definitely lifted our spirits with his Tommy Douglas motivation but he left this province in a mess....

Comment

Yes, he was close to a Tommy Douglas Character but how are we worse compared to Almost a 100 Billion in Alberta and climbing with no plan.

Or Ontario with close to what a Trillion with no plan. All for the better good of going green.

For one moment you don't think the Sask NDP would have done that.

And let's just say the NDP won the last Sask election can you guess how they would spin the story. Same as you guys BRAD bad NDP Good DEBT BILLIONS.

NDP Always try to look good blaming others.

It's the Sask NDP way.

Now let's look at our province yes the Spending on stupid projects was really dumb a highway around Regina with a few clover leafs and it was a by-pass.

They got caught up in the world of their is no tomorrow the good times will continue.

I ask again how many farmers are in the same boat or city people the good times are still going on as land has climbed to 550 or higher and rents at over 100.

Some see the Iceberg and turn, Some slow down but still hit it, and some put that hammer down and ram the shit out of it because steel is stronger than ice and it will split apart.

Comment

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/saskatchewan-2017-18-budget-by-the-numbers
                              A look at the numbers in the Saskatchewan government’s 2017-18 budget …

$685 million — Total projected deficit, which includes a “contingency allowance” of $300 million and a $250 million projected expense to reduce public service costs. The province says it hopes to decrease the deficit to $304 million in the 2018-19 budget and return to a surplus by 2019-20.

$14.8 billion — Total projected expenses in 2017-18, up 2.4 per cent from 2016-17. The biggest expenses: health ($5.63 billion), education ($3.64 billion) and social services and assistance ($1.36 billion).

$14.17 billion — Total projected revenue in 2017-18, up one per cent from 2016-17. The biggest revenue sources: taxation ($7.29 billion), federal government transfers ($2.45 billion) and own-source revenue ($1.96 billion).

6% — New provincial sales tax (PST), up from five per cent. PST will now be charged on children’s clothing, restaurant meals and snack foods, and construction services. According to the budget, the changes to the PST will add an estimated $871.6 million in revenue, which includes $242.1 million from the one-per-cent increase and $344.6 million from the addition of construction services.

$34 million — Enhancement to low-income tax credit aimed at offsetting the impact of PST changes.

224 — Job losses as a result of the closure of Saskatchewan Transit Company (STC). Passenger service will end May 31 for the provincial bus company that presently serves 253 communities but loses money on 25 of 27 routes.

5% — Reduction from 2016-17 in base operational funding for provincial post-secondary institutions. University funding is down $25 million year-over-year to $450 million, while technical institutes are down to $150 million from $156 million, and colleges will receive $27.3 million, down from $28.8 million.

$56.25 — Price per barrel of oil, according to the province’s key revenue assumptions. The assumed per-tonne price of potash: $176. Based on the assumptions, oil and natural gas royalties are $670 million, while potash royalties are $261 million.

$5.2 billion — Investment in core health services and infrastructure, up $38.6 million from 2016-17. That includes $3.4 billion in funding for Regional Health Authorities.

$257.8 million — Total municipal revenue sharing, a decrease from 2016-17 due to lower PST revenue.

$1.86 billion — Operating funding for the 28 school divisions, down 1.2 per cent ($22 million) from last year. There are no major changes to boundaries, with 28 divisions remaining in place. Overall, the budget provides $2.02 billion for education, a decrease of 6.7 per cent attributable in part to a $262 million reduction in funds to build 18 new schools in Regina, Saskatoon, Warman and Martensville. The schools are set to be completed by fall.

$4.8 million — Cuts in funding for regional and Saskatoon and Regina library systems. In total, those three will get $2.5 million in 2017-18.

2 cents — Price increase for each cigarette sold. Also part of the government’s “sin tax”: an increase of between four and six per cent on alcohol.

0.5% — Decrease to personal and corporate income tax rates in 2017 and 2019.

$3.7 billion — Planned capital investment, most notably $1.3 billion for SaskPower and $302 million for SaskTel.

$1.6 billion — Funding for the Saskatchewan Builds capital plan.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...