• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Barley sale for 18 harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Barley sale for 18 harvest

Did 225 tonne at $261.50 feed barley multi grade with a $15 malt spread.

Depending on freight rates should equate to around $240 on farm.

Its a decile 8.5 price here in south australia meaning that 8.5 years out of 10 prices have been lower.

Trade wars , frost usa , dry in australia , crop not in the ground here for another month yet wondering if correct decision but risk management thing make decent money at that at 2t ha even more with higher yields.

17 harvest feed barley was $175 on farm.

Hedging my bets if usa canada russia etc has a good year trade wars calms down prices will down for sure, conversly opposite sparks in the market im sure

Must be nice to farm in a region where you don't have to wait for a glacier to recede in order to seed. The rally in spring wheat prices is due to that same glacier starting to delay spring wheat seeding in the Dakotas. -16 with windchill here at mid afternoon. Last year at this time I was getting the combine ready to do spring thrash. Still want to relocate to Canada?
    Last edited by ajl; Apr 7, 2018, 17:36.

Comment

And here I thought I did good pricing some for 183.72 CAD. delivered Nov. or when ever they feel like taking it.
      I am not sure how the dollars compare?

Comment

Mallee,

That sounds like a damn good feed price with a shitty malt premium.

Maybe it's more of that Chinese malting feed barley.

Seldomseen, the Aussie and Canadian dollar are pretty much par.

Comment

Looks like 5.14 a bushel cdn with a .32 cent malt premium, 5.46 assuming off the combine delivery.

Send a thank you to the nice Chinese feed barley users Mallee , this malt thing may get interesting here , 3 weeks away from our ideal seeding window and under a heavy snowfall warning ... Again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...