• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers to all involved hockey bus crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of force to cut the front wheels off the bus.

Comment

I’m just saying I think the truck was half way through not blaming the bus driver at all.

Trucker did a rolling stop and thought he could beat the bus that’s probably more like it a full loaded semi with grain or something other than peat moss you couldn’t do full bore.

Rolling stop

Comment

Originally posted by sewen View Post
        A bus travelling North at 60 mph ends up facing south further west of the intersection than it is north seems to tell a story. Looks like a lot of westward momentum.
        Yes no way the truck didn't have lots of momentum. I think anyway

Comment

All pics of the scene are AFTER a crane moved the bus and roof was CUT off. I am betting bus was jammed against truck when everything stopped. Lots of momentum going west. IMO.

There was a witness according to a Facebook/CBC post today. A native lady and two kids whose car was hit by debris as the crash happened in front of them. They were either coming from N or W, never said.

Comment

I saw the railway sign in pictures. Bus wouldn’t be blowing a railway crossing at full speed - would they?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              All pics of the scene are AFTER a crane moved the bus and roof was CUT off. I am betting bus was jammed against truck when everything stopped. Lots of momentum going west. IMO.

There was a witness according to a Facebook/CBC post today. A native lady and two kids whose car was hit by debris as the crash happened in front of them. They were either coming from N or W, never said.
              That explains why some of the things don't add up the way it is situated.

The skid marks tell that everything was pushed west hard. IMO!

Comment

Alberta Trucking company license suspended for routine investigation. Mr. Singh owner says driver only worked for company one month.
                Oh boy!!! I see what's coming here.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Alberta Trucking company license suspended for routine investigation. Mr. Singh owner says driver only worked for company one month.
                  Oh boy!!! I see what's coming here.
                  Wheres this goin? Protective custody and $80000/yr?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    I saw the railway sign in pictures. Bus wouldn’t be blowing a railway crossing at full speed - would they?
                    That's a controlled crossing so the bus doesn't have to stop. Now in SK a crossing can rival a Mexican tope so its hard to say but legally I don't think he had any obligation to stop unless the lights were flashing.

Comment

If you have not seen the Australian idea, eliminate dangerous intersections....Click image for larger version

Name:	Intersect.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	766380

I sent Premier Moe this pic ...how to prevent future deaths

Comment

I am not saying this is related at all, just a story from last summer.

Last summer some time in July I left home and headed west on hi-way 335 and about 3 miles from home I came upon a peat moss truck laying on its side with bags of moss scattered all over the hi-way and ditch with a guy that looked like Raj (from Big Bang) sitting on one of the bags nattering something about a Moose. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying but he did have a phone and had called his boss. This was a sunny clear morning with dry pavement.

Now I see the owner of the truck has the same type of name and his company only has one employee.
                        The company started last fall and the driver has been there for month.

I wonder if our government is allowing immigrants in trucks without proper training and they aren't properly familiarized with our rules of the road just to get them working?

Comment

“A spokesman with Alberta Transportation says Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. started operating last fall. John Archer said the government suspended the commercial carrier's safety fitness certificate on Monday.”

Seems a bit unusual but they say it’s normal procedure

Comment

I wouldn't get too focused on the recent arrival angle. Does anybody know anyone who went to one of those one week truck driver schools who DIDN'T come home with a 1A license. Anyone? Anywhere?

Comment

Fjlip, that looks like one of our lovely correction lines.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                                I wouldn't get too focused on the recent arrival angle. Does anybody know anyone who went to one of those one week truck driver schools who DIDN'T come home with a 1A license. Anyone? Anywhere?
                                I know of 2 people..one took 3 tries before they got the license.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...