• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers to all involved hockey bus crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fragile we humans are and yet how much power we have in our hands....
    This is beyond sadness by orders of magnitude....

Comment

Just the most awful tragedy imaginable and needless loss.

It just makes me sick!

We go through that corner almost daily and it has a very visible stop sign with a flashing red light!

Comment

The worst nightmare. Both my sons played in the SJ years ago. One played with Broncos for a short while before going to another team.
        Condolences to all.

Comment

Hockey is part of the Saskatchewan Way, We all have or know a family member who either made it big tried to and just about got their or just had fun playing a game.

This is such a shock, My thoughts and Prayers are to the team members left the families and like others said the first responders, ambulance, police and even stars ambulance plus all the hospital crews etc.

Wow, I am a loss for words.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            People need to be more careful on the roads. What does it take for people to take that extra second of being sure? Have to wait for the details but what I m hearing is really not good should have never happenned.
            You are right that this accident should never have happened. There's stop signs both sides of 35 on 335 with big flashing red lights on them. Based on the carnage we're seeing there's no chance that semi even slowed down, let alone stopped. Buses can roll down the side of a mountain and have people walk away from them. Everyone on that bus was taken either to the morgue or the hospital. If that truck driver lived he needs to go to jail.

Comment

these semis are out of control . one was going through town a week ago about 60 mph . I motioned to him to slow down and he glared at me and gave me the finger , and tramped on it . I'm sure he was doing 80 mph past tge school , in a 30 kph . I chased him got his licence , co name , and truck number . then I phoned his safety dept and the rcmp . I do this all the time . everyone needs to do this . every second truck you meet is texting or talking . vehicles also . lots don't even look up at you when they meet you . cell phones need to not work when your driving . God , they can send a spaceship out of the Galaxy and communicate with it , and they can't stop this carnage ?????
              Last edited by Guest; Apr 7, 2018, 10:13.

Comment

Just an observation from having gone through that intersection before in a pickup, if heading west between the bush and depending on where your mirrors on a semi are located, isn't there a huge blind spot? I just remember pulling up there before and thinking why haven't they knocked those trees down? I've seen the white crosses in the ditch I believe on west side of the road .... not making excuses just an observation. We go through there all the time for hockey.

Comment

Agree caseih..many semi drivers we see are on there phones..
                  Head sets you idiots..
                  How many of us have been on a bus for a crop or chemical tour?
                  Could have been us.

Comment

May seem a bit irrelevant right now but does anyone know what the truck was hauling and was it loaded or empty?

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                      Just an observation from having gone through that intersection before in a pickup, if heading west between the bush and depending on where your mirrors on a semi are located, isn't there a huge blind spot? I just remember pulling up there before and thinking why haven't they knocked those trees down? I've seen the white crosses in the ditch I believe on west side of the road .... not making excuses just an observation. We go through there all the time for hockey.

I've been through there lots with semis... Yeah those trees need to be knocked down... But I've witnessed lots of guys just fly through the intersection...

Couple years ago headed to bunge in nipawin left skid marks on the highway and my pants when a truck came put onto the highway 200 yards in front of me. Never stopped or slowed down much.

At least if the trees are gone you can see what's coming there

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        You're right - coming from the east the old Lancaster yard blocks your view to the south and similarly coming from the south your view to the east is blocked. There's a little memorial on that corner from where an entire family was killed a few years ago. None of that changes the fact that there's stop signs with red flashing lights east and west. I don't know any more about this accident than the few pictures I've been able to find online but the carnage tells me that the truck definitely did not stop. Someone local has posted elsewhere that it was a peat moss truck coming out of Carrot River. That would likely mean a flatbed train. If the truck driver somehow survived he needs prison time and a lot of it.

Comment

From pictures I have seen the truck was loaded and it appeared to be carrying peat moss wrapped in square bags on a super B flat deck. There is a peat moss plant at Carrot River so this would make sense. The tractor unit was on its side (driver side) and the cab was intact. I would guess that the driver may have survived, but I do not know for sure.

The bush blocking the view is part of a farm yard. Maybe it can be cut back, but a stop sign is a stop sign. Most that haul to Bunge at Nipawin say they slow down expecting there to be traffic problems at that intersection as most have witnessed traffic going through the intersection not stopping. Hard to believe.

Sad day for the young men gone in the prime of their youth, the parents, grandparents, siblings and friends and the survivors. Never know when your number is getting called...young or older.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                            I've been through there lots with semis... Yeah those trees need to be knocked down... But I've witnessed lots of guys just fly through the intersection...

Couple years ago headed to bunge in nipawin left skid marks on the highway and my pants when a truck came put onto the highway 200 yards in front of me. Never stopped or slowed down much.

At least if the trees are gone you can see what's coming there
                            That's what many are saying those trees should have been gone a long time ago wasn't aware that immediately to the norh and right there is a grain terminal also? At least then the bus could have seen the semi coming and reacted.

But that's still no excuse to not stop at a stop sign in fact if blind spot its extra important you do. Those things are weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                              May seem a bit irrelevant right now but does anyone know what the truck was hauling and was it loaded or empty?
                              looked like it was loaded with peat moss bales from carrot river

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                looked like it was loaded with peat moss bales from carrot river
                                Lone occupant? Haven't herd anything about him/them only the 28 on bus. I would assume fatalities are higher than being reported.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...