• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100 billion in tariffs on China. No Backing down looks like a leader?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnt View Post
    I asked of the processor with whom I contract my soybeans - what's the upside/risk for us? Ontario has a solid reputation as a steady IP/food grade soybean supplier, albeit small in comparison to the US or western Canada.

His take on it is that if the tariffs go onto US beans, we can expect to get hit with them as well because the Chinese foresee that the US will try to channel their beans thru Ontario and Brazil.

Bunge, Cargill et all do not know borders the way we do as producers.

Like, there wouldn't be anything suspicious about Ontario shipping 300 million bu of soys from 3 million acres, would there? LOL
    Do they not have to get a 'Certificate Final' from CGC anymore or did that get thrown out with Modernization of Grain Act Too?

Comment

Maybe they could haul grain south and soybeans north and plug the rails more....CN might just do it ....they are in a shit load of trouble with the STB in the states. ...

Comment

Well Trumps supporters got punished with gains in bean futures of +5% since the threat of tarrifs .... I guess China really threw a **** into his base.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
          Do they not have to get a 'Certificate Final' from CGC anymore or did that get thrown out with Modernization of Grain Act Too?
          I have no idea of what the requirements are for crush beans but I know that there is a really tough traceability paper trail we have to maintain for IP beans.

Which led me to think that there might be some opportunity for that kind of bean.

We'll know by next year this time, LOL!

Comment

After looking at whats happening in the markets and all the huff and puff going on. I think trump maybe hit the nail on the head and maybe China isn't as big as they seem.

Now, this could be just short term as the China Russia railway is finished or the excess amount going into SA but it might help the USA get back to positive and well Canada were just not ready for major league.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Maybe they could haul grain south and soybeans north and plug the rails more....CN might just do it ....they are in a shit load of trouble with the STB in the states. ...
              Indeed...

The STB has teeth, unlike up here.

Big thing to remember, this is the clash of the Titans... The US is a mega power as far as economic forces, and China, allied with Russia, all the *Stans, and South America, is equally powerful.

Canada is a little bug. Either one of them stumbles and we'll be squashed like a bug.

We're already completely irrelevant in international affairs.

Comment

Would any of you take Trudeau serious if he stopped in and said hello?

Pretty tough to take a drama teacher seriously at the best of times....

That's all he is ....nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Would any of you take Trudeau serious if he stopped in and said hello?

Pretty tough to take a drama teacher seriously at the best of times....

That's all he is ....nothing more.
                  Yup. And I'd make him a stake.

Bwahahahaha!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...