• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Housing price Crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw that post on FB re good times.
    Nothing new in human history.
    Klause is not unique at all.
    Just a smaller pool.
    Associate with good men and their everywhere.
    As far as the two mules Klause,
    F 'em all but six. When they make you look bad, ride 'em till they quit.

Comment

"F#$K Forage you're so full of shit it's not even funny.

BLAH BLAH BLAH yep it was all our great grandfathers did. "

Relax, the truth always stings, that golden spoon has made life very easy for you six months out of the year! I wouldn't worry about what other parents are doing for their children, yours did the same for you!

As for taking advantage of cheap money, smart move on those doing it that have a well thought out plan. Expanding a business, farm, or buying a home. I'd like to know how many on here have taken advantage of the opportunity?

Comment

There may have been opportunities but the timing had to be right. Buying houses and land at their peak only made sense because of the near free use of credit. I've said that if buying those assets at their peak you risk the price of them falling, cheap (credit)interest rates may not support asset values for ever! The very least you could hope for is that the asset, at the minimum, holds it hyper inflated value for the long long term in which you've paid for your asset appreciation----in advance---yourself!

It CAN happen!

Comment

"I've said that if buying those assets at their peak you risk the price of them falling, cheap (credit)interest rates may not support asset values for ever! "

What peaks have you predicted in the last nine years, as I certainly can't pick one? You have been listening to Errolanderson way to much and have missed many opportunities, stocks, farmland, housing.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            "I've said that if buying those assets at their peak you risk the price of them falling, cheap (credit)interest rates may not support asset values for ever! "

What peaks have you predicted in the last nine years, as I certainly can't pick one? You have been listening to Errolanderson way to much and have missed many opportunities, stocks, farmland, housing.
            Forage, you are absolutely right. If you look back in Agriville somewhere you will see I admit(posted)I've been wrong for years. Never would have I dreamt land prices would have went were they did. Another reason I never bought land was because I didn't need to, somewhat of a different story with the Apprentice wanting to farm now...but still might not need any, "kinda" satisfied with what we have but if the right stuff comes up for sale, we might have to make a bid to purchase....even at the retarded prices.

No houses bought but exposed to the stock market in ETFs and self.

So you're right, I should have put my equity and capital to work for me a decade ago, like marketing, investing hindsight is 20/20.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 8, 2018, 21:41.

Comment

Oh ya forage, I should also point out that I've been making some of the poorest investments ever in the last ten years, highly depreciable new farm machinery. Knowingly!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Take care man!

Comment

Relax boys, very few are as clever as we think we are.
                Most of my landlords are wealthy not from brains, but from buying something before 1974 and hanging on to it! I have one who has never paid a cent of depreciation. Sold his 1976 Snapper in 2014 for what he paid new for it! To hear his advice is hilarious sometimes. Cheer up, no one gets out alive.

Comment

"but still might not need any, "kinda" satisfied with what we have"

That's all that matters, not being satisfied can lead to trouble in all aspects of life!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...