• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think things couldn’t get worse..,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-04/why-chinas-soybean-tariff-changed-everything

Unfortunately this is like the board game of Axis and Allies. China will source all the can from the allies of the East 1st. China is worlds largest importer of Crude, and as of last week all their purchases of crude are in Yuan. The USD is losing its stranglehold on the world stage. Santions and tarriffs are accelerating the geopolitical shift to the East.
    Last edited by biglentil; Apr 4, 2018, 08:14.

Comment

China did buy a batch of beans this morning though, after they drove the price down ... lol

Comment

The masters of market manipulation, teaching the world a lesson, "just watch me"...Turdo One

Comment

Last night i dreamt it was the eighties again. Round 1 might have started.

Comment

BP, what gave it away that it was the '80's? Were you driving a gutless car at only 55 mph? Disco dancing? Hauling grain on a CWB 1.5 bus/acre quota, or chasing greedy bankers away? Shoulder pads in the ole coveralls?

Comment

VanHallen on the radio 📻?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                VanHallen on the radio 📻?
                What made me think of this -

Comment

China is a master at market manipulation.

Sources say that China cannot sustain this action without harming their own interests. Pretty important to secure a food supply for 1.4 billion hungry stomachs. Will they risk causing domestic social unrest in their efforts to hurt the US?

Trump knows this.

As someone else asked, is there another source for those beans? Not very quickly, and not as reliably.

So I'm not convinced that this action is sustainable, but what would I know.

One thing is for sure - this shows how ugly things can get. And fast.

Comment

Either Go big or go home. Downsize and find niche markets. Has worked for many. Eliminates the parasites to.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                      ....Trump knows this......
                      Doubtful - I don't think he knows his ass from his elbow.

Comment

That’s pretty good Grassy but Trudeau belongs on the other shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Ask yourself if anything is S&D or S/U have changed..... politics affecting grain prices now along with intentions, speculation and expectations.....

Do these trade actions actually affect the prices of anything else other than grain commodities? If autos get tariffs, does the price of cars and trucks drop. Is the price of whiskey on the trade list going to drop. This world needs more hungry people in places where hunger isn't already a problem.

I'm tired of smelling everyone else's farts and shit....**** off already! This stuff isn't our fault but we are sure paying for it!
                          bin supplier already told me to lock in price now, bin manufacturers increasing prices because of the steel tariffs. what a f&cking joke.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            That’s pretty good Grassy but Trudeau belongs on the other shoulder.
                            Yep, Obama was pretty good in retrospect.

Comment

You guys are funny.
                              I think it might have been thoughts of grain trade wars and politics coupled with US subsidies leading to disastrous grain prices then coupled with exponential increases in viable economies of scale followed by interest rates and weather issues.
                              Ottawas assault on the oil industry fits in somewhere too maybe.
                              Somehow this current US China thing reminded me of the Reagan era.
                              US Farm Bills of that general era come to mind.
                              Rather wish it would have been Labbats Blue in stubbies then the first longnecks and the big hair. Man I loved the big hair!!
                              Last edited by blackpowder; Apr 4, 2018, 18:28.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                                Yep, Obama was pretty good in retrospect.
                                Grassy, would YOU say that about Harper regarding our current Canadian "dilemma"?

3, 2 , 1.......

Lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...