• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think things couldn’t get worse..,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you think things couldn’t get worse..,

Woke up this morning and checked the markets and beans and corn were as red as eyes are after too many bevys. I guess China wants a big trade war, in retaliation have put a 25% tariff on beans. Such encouraging news as we go into spring with more negativity in the markets.
    I don’t grow beans, but how bad is canola going to be hit from these tariffs?

Well f@&$.... wheat got one good rally day .
    Can’t say I am surprised though , one could almost see it coming .
    Locked in some soybeans and canola on Monday . Was going to do some wheat if that “rally” would have lasted a while longer.
    Going to be an interesting year to say the least.
    I have a gut feeling something else much much bigger is at play. The big governments know. Errol you may be right this time .
    If it becomes a total market meltdown , where will we be when the dust settles ?
    One thing for sure the Canadian Liberals will have zero clue what to do but tax the living shit out of us even more .

Comment

China is hitting back at Trump s main supporters in the Ag states. They voted for him , now they got what they asked for. There could be negotiated trade rather than a trade war. Nobody wins a trade war.

Comment

China says they will source soy elsewhere. Where is this magical place?

Comment

I think China is helping Brazil build and expand port facilities.

Comment

I have my wheat for fall delivery locked in on last rally and Barley the same. BUt Canola is in a new average system with Cargill maybe should have done a huge amount instead of fall.

We knew China was going to hit the USA hard but who is going to grow them for them.

Liberals will tax the shit out of Canada and were just F#$K3ed

Climate barbie cant figures out why whales are having issues in St Laurence river. Ah, dump more shit in a river you mindless fool.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              China says they will source soy elsewhere. Where is this magical place?
              China can draw down their own stocks, and pull from S.A.
              The first step is easy, the second step will be costly and the logistics are terrible

Oh and there is one more thing: they can cut back on use
              Last edited by farming101; Apr 4, 2018, 07:19.

Comment

It takes a year to turn around production. If the U.S. ag production slows , it might get ugly next year.

Comment

This time of year China usually starts to pull from SA anyway . Brazil has lots of beans .
                  Global supply will still be drawn down the same regardless on these tariffs on US soybeans .
                  Going to be interesting regardless.

Comment

Ask yourself if anything is S&D or S/U have changed..... politics affecting grain prices now along with intentions, speculation and expectations.....

Do these trade actions actually affect the prices of anything else other than grain commodities? If autos get tariffs, does the price of cars and trucks drop. Is the price of whiskey on the trade list going to drop. This world needs more hungry people in places where hunger isn't already a problem.

I'm tired of smelling everyone else's farts and shit....**** off already! This stuff isn't our fault but we are sure paying for it!

Comment

Equipment price inflation may be just getting started. Uncle scam's paper money is in trouble imo.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Equipment price inflation may be just getting started. Uncle scam's paper money is in trouble imo.
                        Maybe I should have used the words, "negatively affect" the seller....

Comment

At this point these are PROPOSED tariffs and China bought soybeans this morning at a discount after their announcement.

Could be interesting trade negotiations.

Comment

Doesn't change the reality of my post. Whether those tariffs are proposed or a threat. Markets affected...

Comment

China is interesting....they announce a tariff then start buying at a lower price....if they had bought before they will be allowed to cancel and buy at a lower price....

Isn't that like market manipulation?

Can a farmer cancel at lower prices and re-sell at higher prices?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...