• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worrying trend in australia seems out of control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worrying trend in australia seems out of control

ONE in 11 drivers tested positive for drugs during a police road blitz over the Easter long weekend.

Police tested 1882 drivers for illicit drugs over its four-day campaign, which ran from Good Friday through Easter Monday, and 170 motorists returned positive readings for methamphetamine or cannabis — or both.

More than 13,000 drivers were breath tested during the operation and 46 returned positive readings for alcohol.

But the number of drug drivers caught has authorities worried.

And you wonder why we need autonomous cars!!

Comment

and numb nuts here is going to make it easier for them in this country

Comment

......enter Devil's Advocate.

Were all the drivers "impaired" or was their "trace" amounts of the said drugs found.

Look, I'm not condoning or making excuses, just want to know more details.

.....enter casered.

Comment

What can you expect? Most are descendants of convicts. Once a law breaker . . .

I'd pull em all over. They're all driving on the wrong side of the road.

Comment

Spot check at the MP parking lot
            Last edited by Rareearth; Apr 3, 2018, 18:47.

Comment

The worrying trend around here is grids changing to 60km speed limits. Fricken nanny state is slowly eroding all our rights and freedoms. Sgi has all but killed street legal motorcycles. Has created a huge windfall(tax) with their safe driving recognition progam with questionable cumulative punishment tactics. Hell you can get a $1200+ fine for not having a seatbelt on in passenger seat. Its getting rediculous already.

Comment

Manitoba has you beat. 1 in 10. Always be ready to hit the ditch

https://globalnews.ca/news/3311650/10-of-manitoba-drivers-tested-positive-for-drugs-survey/ https://globalnews.ca/news/3311650/10-of-manitoba-drivers-tested-positive-for-drugs-survey/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/drug-use-mpi-1.4026160 http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/drug-use-mpi-1.4026160

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  ......enter Devil's Advocate.

Were all the drivers "impaired" or was their "trace" amounts of the said drugs found.

Look, I'm not condoning or making excuses, just want to know more details.

.....enter casered.
                  DA not sure but there is a minimum amount i think your under your free over your in trouble but dont ask me the limits and or amount to be impaired i do niether drugs

My drugs of choice comes in a brown bottle or good ole canadian coleslaw bugger cant get copenhagen in australia from shopps

Comment

Whats limit in canada 0.08? australia 0 to 0.05 drive on 0.05 to 0.08 a fine over 0.08 loss of liscence and big fine. Think 6 months $1000 bucks and noted criminal conviction which lasts for 10 yrs meaning one is barred in certain countries canada is one.

Never been done i always just used to sleep in the car if i thought i was over or get a ride or walk home .....

Rule of thumb i think is 3 cans of 5% beer in first hour and one every hour after but depends on body mass etc myself i drink 3% beer when i go out never a drama.

Used to brew me own beer once now that was wild,

Comment

You should get your Canadian friends to ship you the allowable amount of Copenhagen. How much can be legally shipped/imported duty free or without having confiscation or Customs charges to the shipper or receiver?

I don't drink and drive either so I don't know the laws for sure.....all I can say is my kids were alot smarter about it than I was when I was their age. I think there is a zero tolerance for young drivers. And i think the legal limits have changed for adults too.

A neighbor had a fender bender while driving over the legal limit, it's cost him over 10K in fines, surcharges, blow-box and installation, impounding fees,..... don't know about the insurance part regarding fixing the other guys vehicle. He might have to register all their vehicles under his wife's name....his surcharges might be insane.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 3, 2018, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        Whats limit in canada 0.08? australia 0 to 0.05 drive on 0.05 to 0.08 a fine over 0.08 loss of liscence and big fine. Think 6 months $1000 bucks and noted criminal conviction which lasts for 10 yrs meaning one is barred in certain countries canada is one.

Never been done i always just used to sleep in the car if i thought i was over or get a ride or walk home .....

Rule of thumb i think is 3 cans of 5% beer in first hour and one every hour after but depends on body mass etc myself i drink 3% beer when i go out never a drama.

Used to brew me own beer once now that was wild,
                        You can actually be charged with an impaired here by sleeping in your car if you have the keys in your pocket or anywhere else in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          You can actually be charged with an impaired here by sleeping in your car if you have the keys in your pocket or anywhere else in the car.
                          That could be the case here as well nowadays.

And yes "p" plate drivers we callem here first two years of driving lower speed limit 100kms not allowed to drive between i think midnight and 6am and zero alchol.

These rules make it hard for young farmers who may be on the road at 5.30 am think there are special permits for farm,ers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...