• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer Prices

Weber's Fert Buddy has NOLA MAP at an average of $388/ton

Add 10% to make it a metric tonne = $426.80

FX X 1.28 = $546.30.

I am getting quotes of $680 to $700 range

is $133.70 to $153.70 difference fair for freight, wholesale and retail margin?

Urea:

NOLA $236/ton

Add 10% to make it a metric tonne = $259.60

FX X 1.28 = $332.30.

I am getting quotes in the $485 to $490 range

is $152.70 difference fair for freight , wholesale and retail margin considering we have it manufactured between Regina and MooseJaw. Funny thing is they truck Urea in from the all over, last year I had some come up from the States(Minnesota) in 24-25 tonne loads.

All I ever here is there is no margin in fertilizer at the retail level.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 3, 2018, 08:02.

Galen Weston school of economics.

Comment

MAP is different than DAP. Your prices match what I was quoted a couple of weeks ago for MAP and Urea. At least fertilizer prices in Canuckistan are maintaining their premium although we wont need it if the glacier doesn't recede in time.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        MAP is different than DAP. Your prices match what I was quoted a couple of weeks ago for MAP and Urea. At least fertilizer prices in Canuckistan are maintaining their premium although we wont need it if the glacier doesn't recede in time.
        Sleeping at the wheel, I thought I picked the right Phos.

Edit: Right price off chart just used wrong acronym....my bad, I fix.

Comment

Unsure of logistics out of NOLA, but phos out of Pocatello has historically been dropped anywhere in southern AB for ~$65/mT. As has been discussed many times here before, urea should probably trade at a discount to export position... but of course being made right here means we pay freight to NOLA, freight back, then freight from production source. Even though it's only being moved once.

Comment

Maybe the solu5ion is to import it, then you only pay the freight one way

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              Maybe the solu5ion is to import it, then you only pay the freight one way
              I remember loading out of a transload location 46-0-0 that was imported from Russia... wow. Will gladly pay the couple extra bucks!
              -Rock hard chunks the size of golf balls that you couldn't smash with a hammer.
              -so many semi hard chunks that we had to use shovels to smash them into the swing auger grate.
              -struggled to get a full legal load on the front and back axles because the density was so low. Had to shovel the front and back hoppers level with the tarp hoops.

I think they kept the good stuff for themselves.

Comment

What about Chinese or Middle East Urea?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  What about Chinese or Middle East Urea?
                  As long as it wasn't garbage I'd be game.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    Do you honestly just look for opportunities to say the word "canuckistan" in your posts? It somehow works its way in to basically every single post you write on here. Its pretty disrespectful to keep suggesting that our country is so similar to the shit-whole third world countries your tying it to.

Comment

bucket best laugh in a long time Galen Weston.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...