• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie Brothers Roleau

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie Brothers Roleau

Checked out sale results....

Wow.

Lots of good deals to be had. Can't believe how much equipment has dropped.

Is that going to be how it is going forward?

With India, and now Turkey and their stances on pulse imports... A large area in sask will have no cash crop.

What's that going to do for rotations, land prices, and the provincial economy?

Aaaaawwwww.......poor "stealerships"!!!!!

Comment

In farming it seems that the greatest opportunities come when things turn down. The key is too have money to spend when this occurs, not always an easy thing.

Comment

There was some obvious junk there also which is common with the yard sale. Saturday's sale was the opposite, everything seemed to bring very good money

Anyone know if any of the "annual whole line flipping farms" have equipment on the Stoon spring sale?

Comment

The 2 we know.. have flipped again.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Who does it benefit the most?

Comment

Follow the money the flippers are not gaining ground some will be done soon. Like iceman I’m out!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                Follow the money the flippers are not gaining ground some will be done soon. Like iceman I’m out!
                No way good old SF3.

You my brother are playing the long game and are a optimist at heart.

Iceman Out

Comment

What exactly went cheap at that sale?
                  Looks to me things brought good prices other than newholland combines

Iceman Out

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Can someone please tell my why this makes sense? No matter what the leasing company says, the true cost of running new every year will be way higher than taking a chance and running machines 5 years or more, in my opinion.

Is it a tax thing? That makes no sense when investing a buck to get 12.5% back or if a big farm, 27%.

Is it the fear of break down in season and therefore downtime? My accountant always says "what if it doesn't break down because its a good machine and you are good at preventive maintenance"

Is it just plain ego or they just don't understand basic management of the farm and keeping costs in check?

Comment

I really think they think they are running at the lowest cost. If you do it long enough you lose the practical side of equipment costs and get brainwashed.

Besides image is everything with them.

I think I have told this story before about a now bto who was on the way up. He was buying a truck from a guy in the patch that was to be used for a water truck. He talked about how he ground this guy and ground this guy on price. Eventually buying it for something like $7k. Then turned around and spent $3k to paint it. It was a piece of junk mechanically, but it looked good.

Comment

You'd be surprised how many farms now where maintenance is a complete disaster even something simple as greasing does not get done sometimes at all during a harvest season. I know this because some new people I hired were shocked we actually went over the machines each morning while fuelling. Of cours one was still waiting to get paid wages from the last place last fall also.
                        A lot of those machines will have wore out pieces long prior to what they should be.

But that isn't always the case.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                          You'd be surprised how many farms now where maintenance is a complete disaster even something simple as greasing does not get done sometimes at all during a harvest season. I know this because some new people I hired were shocked we actually went over the machines each morning while fuelling. Of cours one was still waiting to get paid wages from the last place last fall also.
                          A lot of those machines will have wore out pieces long prior to what they should be.

But that isn't always the case.
                          Not necessarily just btos that believe in invisible grease. Dad bought a 9600 used with 2000 hours on it. Came from an outfit who took care of their stuff. We put 3000 hours on that machine and spent a total of $35000 on it over the 10 years we had it. Sold to another farmer who I talked to after a couple seasons and still going strong. Combine I traded up to is another story. Decent enough machine but used hard by previous owners. Had a work over before coming to my place to tune of $30000 and under 2000 hrs. Works great but still find little half assed problems I attribute to previous owners lack of maintenance. Dad and I are no mechanics but a little grease goes a long way. Always was a perception cowboys were terrible on maintenance but now they don’t have the monopoly on that.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Who does it benefit the most?
                            hi farma , I finally got back to you on the clearfied

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              hi farma , I finally got back to you on the clearfied
                              Thank you.

Excellent results!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...