• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow India is Done with US No more Pulses!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    Our organisations are run by a lot of people that didn't see this coming....
    Separate issue I know but closely related and more important as times get tighter. You guys are paying too many levies to too many producer/commodity organizations. Fertilizer companies have consolidated. Chemical companies have consolidated. Equipment manufacturers have consolidated. Retail input/equipment dealers have consolidated. Farms have consolidated. Meanwhile organizations claiming to represent farmers have proliferated.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
      Separate issue I know but closely related and more important as times get tighter. You guys are paying too many levies to too many producer/commodity organizations. Fertilizer companies have consolidated. Chemical companies have consolidated. Equipment manufacturers have consolidated. Retail input/equipment dealers have consolidated. Farms have consolidated. Meanwhile organizations claiming to represent farmers have proliferated.

Bullseye!!!

And they are all absolutely useless.

Same guys sitting on the boards. Tell them what's happening they get glossy eyed look because they have no clue.

Canola growers spend a week all expenses paid, take their moms dad's brothers sisters and spouses to Palm Springs on our dime.

Spga guys are all over the place world wide.... Takin brewery tours and dining on _100/plate meals paid for by us as producers.

Only saving grace of the spga is the pulse breeding funding... However they are so closely tied to BASF they will never come out and say what's the real cause of the root rots were fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
        Wow....in 30 years of farming....never seen anything like this out of India!! Unreal.

Are we ready to put tarriffs in imported Indian Goods yet?

Are we ready to ask where the hell has the SPCDB has been for the last year? Oh looking at belly buttons gazing and saying we are really good operators.

Can we get our levies back for poor job performance?

Watch for a new round of pulse crop plant bankruptcies?

I want to short AGT Foods.....can I borrow a bunch of shares from anyone here? Private Message me....I want minimum 500 thousand....let bringer down past book value. With only a 100k of shares traded each day....man we can have some fun shorting this one!! Make more than growing lentils this year.

Prem Watsa from Fairfax is going to be placing a call to Regina and ask the big guy WTF did you sell me on haha!!

We will definitely see some bankruptcies of plants again. We as producers will need to be careful when doing contracts. Maybe only a small percentage of overall volume and spread it around.

Iceman Out

Comment

I have one company that stuck it to us so far this year I had a gut feeling it was going to happen but still delivered

Comment

What do our organisations do? They applaud the PM for being a complete bafoon in India.

The French president is there right now. 16 billion in trade. Nuclear power plant opened. Solar farm commissioned.

Greeted off the plane by the primary minister of India himself..

......telling, and sad!!!!

Comment

Our farm groups should be appologizing to India and letting them know that one noodle is not representative of this country nor do we appreciate what our PM has done to our long-standing trade relationship. It is pretty sad that we need to grovel and kiss butt but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Comment

It was way more than just the dancing fool that did this. If we don't even know that we ll never get this back on track.

Companies in between were screwing us and them and they got tired of it. Now we're paying for it.
                The prices were never what we were being told and still aren't. People should
                Be charged with market corruption
                Last edited by the big wheel; Apr 3, 2018, 07:04.

Comment

Oh yeah... Last fall we brought farmers from Agriavaggi (italy's farm group)over here... Brag to them about preharvest spraying and swathing two days later.. showing them "how good" we are.

They went back to Italy and took this info to their government. Now these same directors (wheat growers assoc) are wondering why Italy isn't buying our durum.

Honestly. You can't make this $hit up.
                  Wheat Growers Association had nothing to do with bringing Agriavaggi over to Canada nor did they participate in any of the activities....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...