• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow India is Done with US No more Pulses!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow India is Done with US No more Pulses!

Talk of Indian ban on all pulse crop imports. Grain trade speculation is rife that India is to ban all imports of pulses into the country. One grain trader sent a message overnight Thursday that the Indian Government would place the ban on all pulse imports within two days.

Maybe we should send Trudeau back to do a good job again as the pulse board said. Or maybe they now can explain how India really doesn't buy much from us.

Boom that's the sound of the Canadian System coming crashing down.

You may as well keep my checkoff because next year you won't get any more money from me.

Interesting....it must be mentioned again that if this was happening to Bombardier ...a support cheque would have been written already.

Where are our representatives who are supposed to be in tune with the industry ....why are they not asking for a short term ad hoc payment?

North Dakota farmers are guaranteed 12.60cdn for canola and no one has mentioned that support from Canadian industry officials.

Pulses are dead and every ****ing official attached to my checkoff money ignores the issue.

Instead they lobby for more research dollars ....****ing morons.

Research this....how the **** can the best quality pulse crop be on sale 50 percent and no one is buying them?

Why does pulse canada get 575000 to do more of nothing?

Why does Sask Pulse board not enlist the aid of a bombardier executive to get aid money? Or someone who knows how to receive money for the industry in times of shit markets?

As stated it takes years to get the rotation back in order....these are long term implication to primary ag in saskatchewan...lets ignore it and grow 50 million acres of canola on the driest spring in a very long time.

Comment

I agree bucket. If this was the pride of Quebec Bombardier a check of billions would be written and no questions at all.

But its stupid farmers from Western Canada.

Our own Pulse board told the idiot in Ottawa India isn't a big player.

Hm, then why are my peas worth 6, not 9 or soon to be 4.50.

Farmers wake up were on a slippery slope to be like oil and done.

Comment

What market signals are being sent to grow what this year?

Grain is still barely moving, Canadian graincos are not bidding on international tenders....

We don't have supports like other countries ....what to do??? Big question.

Comment

But we can learn French again. that's a positive. I didn't do good in grade 9 ten and 11 french. Maybe this time better. Ha, never no use for the language.

Learn Chinese maybe.

But you are correct were going to be in a world of hurt in Canada. And like the 80s we will be told our Gov. cant afford to help out like others and tough it out Canadian farmers your on your own.

Comment

SF3

Correction ....Western Canadian farmers are on their own.....SM is guaranteed to be taken care of.

Look at Catherine McKenna ....she has no time for climate change deniers....I am one, but I am doing more to help out than she is. Matter of a fact our farms sequester her's and Trudeau's flight carbon footprint.

It is all connected....just keep stealing from western Canada....see how it works out...

Comment

That is the other problem in the real world we would be paid from BC and Ontario and Quebec polluters for what we do.

But its Canada we are not counted for helping out.

But the original was about India and how it is going to kill the Canadian pulse industry our governments couldn't care and our stupid useless pulse board just have their heads in the sand.

Trudeau did nothing but made a fool of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                That is the other problem in the real world we would be paid from BC and Ontario and Quebec polluters for what we do.

But its Canada we are not counted for helping out.

But the original was about India and how it is going to kill the Canadian pulse industry our governments couldn't care and our stupid useless pulse board just have their heads in the sand.

Trudeau did nothing but made a fool of himself.
                No he made a fool of all of us.

Comment

Sad only way prices go up is if some one runs out then back to 1928 prices just like clock work.

It’s worlds stupidest business.

Watch subsidies will start again and canada will do nothing but we have a new oh canada song and peoplekind and I just started to tear up

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Sad only way prices go up is if some one runs out then back to 1928 prices just like clock work.

It’s worlds stupidest business.

Watch subsidies will start again and canada will do nothing but we have a new oh canada song and peoplekind and I just started to tear up
                    LOL!!

Comment

Wow....in 30 years of farming....never seen anything like this out of India!! Unreal.

Are we ready to put tarriffs in imported Indian Goods yet?

Are we ready to ask where the hell has the SPCDB has been for the last year? Oh looking at belly buttons gazing and saying we are really good operators.

Can we get our levies back for poor job performance?

Watch for a new round of pulse crop plant bankruptcies?

I want to short AGT Foods.....can I borrow a bunch of shares from anyone here? Private Message me....I want minimum 500 thousand....let bringer down past book value. With only a 100k of shares traded each day....man we can have some fun shorting this one!! Make more than growing lentils this year.

Prem Watsa from Fairfax is going to be placing a call to Regina and ask the big guy WTF did you sell me on haha!!
                      Last edited by Crestliner; Apr 2, 2018, 17:35.

Comment

Our organisations are run by a lot of people that didn't see this coming....

I've been talking about it for two years... That light at the other end of the tunnel is a freight train coming right for ya

What do our organisations do? They applaud the PM for being a complete bafoon in India.

The French president is there right now. 16 billion in trade. Nuclear power plant opened. Solar farm commissioned.

Greeted off the plane by the primary minister of India himself.

Oh yeah... Last fall we brought farmers from Agriavaggi (italy's farm group)over here... Brag to them about preharvest spraying and swathing two days later.. showing them "how good" we are.

They went back to Italy and took this info to their government. Now these same directors (wheat growers assoc) are wondering why Italy isn't buying our durum.

Honestly. You can't make this $hit up.
                        Last edited by Klause; Apr 2, 2018, 18:48.

Comment

Only so much crap i can take before i pack it in, now i have to add this to the list.

Comment

As a lentil grower I have made good money growing the crop the past 10 years when we didn't get too much rain. It seemed Asia was a bottomless pit for all we could grow. Well guys that pit is full. Like a lot of you I have spent a lot of time reading and trying to figure out what to grow for 2018. I would like to think that India is going to open up but until they get their large domestic stocks eaten up and their farmer prices up nothing we or anyone else is gonna change their policy. I would encourage you to read some of the Indian news sources to see where the Indians are coming from. Farmer suicides, protests etc are real.
                            Yes trade barriers are not the answer but from what I read give it a year and they will be back in the market importing. I don't believe places like India or China can be self sufficient in food production in the long term

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/columns/g-chandrashekhar/
                            https://www.ndtv.com/topic/farmer-suicide
                            https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/maharashtra-farmer-protests-dont-stand-on-ego-accept-demands-says-rahul-gandhi-to-narendra-modi-devendra-fadnavis/articleshow/63267730.cms

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-farmers-march/thousands-of-farmers-march-to-indias-mumbai-to-demand-help-idUSKCN1GO09V https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-farmers-march/thousands-of-farmers-march-to-indias-mumbai-to-demand-help-idUSKCN1GO09V

Exactly... They will need to import again at some point... But if we decide to get pigheaded about it... They'll simply buy somewhere else...

We need to get out of their politics and quit acting like incompetent toddlers on the world stage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...