• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victims of EPA emissions laws

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victims of EPA emissions laws

Wow what a hit for VW! How can they survive?

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/volkswagen-storing-350000-vw-and-audi-cars-around-us-in-massive-parking-lots/98405/ https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/volkswagen-storing-350000-vw-and-audi-cars-around-us-in-massive-parking-lots/98405/

500,000 diesel VW vehicles parked in the desert due to cheating on emissions testing, seems like an extreme waste of resources even if VW was cheating on their emission testing.

The new director of the EPA is relaxing the vehicle emissions rules.
    Heavily subsidized Tesla and greenie groups are mad about the upcoming changes.

Comment

Emission rules need to be relaxed. I would like to know what percentage of personal vehicles in Europe are diesel powered but I'm sure its over half. And none of them are legal over here. WTF. Who dreamed up the idea that ten tractors should produce the same emissions as one older tractor?

Comment

Smog warnings for large cities used to be common.

Can’t remember the last one

Comment

That is true Rare although there is still smog. The thing is that smog is mostly not caused by diesels. I'm not saying to eliminate all diesel emission rules just make them more reasonable. London England has very little smog and it is full of non north American compliant diesel cars that get very good fuel economy and don't require DEF.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
            Emission rules need to be relaxed. I would like to know what percentage of personal vehicles in Europe are diesel powered but I'm sure its over half. And none of them are legal over here. WTF. Who dreamed up the idea that ten tractors should produce the same emissions as one older tractor?
            Diesel car sales in Europe are falling - I believe they were over 50% briefly but are now just over 37% compared to gas at <52% and "other" at >10% (presumably electric and??) I think the origin of the differing requirements are well explained in this quote:
            "European regulators are focused on fuel efficiency to limit the dependency on crude oil from Russia and the Middle East, and on greenhouse gas emissions to combat climate change. On the other hand, American regulators are focused on smog and health impacts of air pollution."

Comment

Health more important than the BS COMBATING the CLIMATE waving the magic carbon tax wand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...