• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Friday wives tales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Friday wives tales

I have often heard the tale that the weather you get on Good Friday is the weather you will have for 40 days.

If that's the case then here it has been clear blue sky with a wind and cold. Never saw a cloud all day.

Sometimes I think those old Wives tales came with wives from very different climates LOL

Take Groundhog Day... even if he sees his shadow and we get six more weeks of winter... that would be normal anyway! Unless it’s this year, than six more weeks would have been nice and short.

Comment

If that is the case..we will be seeding in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        If that is the case..we will be seeding in June.

Looks and feels like January here so that statement might not be far off. Did it last year and don’t want to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Looks and feels like January here so that statement might not be far off. Did it last year and don’t want to do it again.
          Must be nice, here it is much colder than most of this January was, and we have drastically more snow on the ground, January was poor sledding.

Comment

The tale I was told “ if it’s windy on Good Friday, you’ll have 40 days of wind”

Was 30 km/hr here today, so not bad.

Check back in 40 days.

Comment

I’d like to believe in some of these wives tales but if I did it would either snow or rain for 40 days after every year. Can’t remember the last nice Easter weekend as a whole for a long time. Always seems to be windy with rain or snow and cold. What will be will be.

Comment

Last year Good Friday was rain and wind and it lasted more like 50-60 days before it dried up enough to get in the field.
                This year clear and cold so hoping the sun keeps shining but temps go up.

Comment

grandma always said it just foretold wind or not seemed to work

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...