• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tractor Question and dont want colour war

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Question and dont want colour war

Currently getting my farming plant together have gone new rogator 1300 b huge discount as 1300c are out here in australia now.
    1830 60ft seedhawk had seedhawks last 6 years so know there good points and bad this one would have to be in the best condition ive ever seen for a 11 yr old machine. Easy working conditions

Now looking at a John Deere 8370R 370 hp bear in mind we have sandy soil easy working will this pull the above rated at 370 hp. Can they be chipped up?

Do they have ad blue.

A mate traded one unbeknown to me with 2100 hours im looking at it.

But will it opull the 60 ft and can shift the shanks so there in line which makes seedhawks easier to pull
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Mar 30, 2018, 17:08.

We chipped the older series but anything can be chipped except I think the new 9620 has issues with the chips

Comment

Reckon this would be $50/60 k more than you would pay in canada.
      And ps its not tracked clerical stuff up

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captureemmetts.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	766363

Comment

Oh no, $27,500 GST! do you get that refunded?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Oh no, $27,500 GST! do you get that refunded?
          yes gst is refunded

Comment

Usually RT means track model so add is a little misleading. These still have the 9L in it so imagine that it is right at the top as far as power output. No replacement for displacement in the pulling business. Would not pull 60 feet of seedhawk with that here. Why would you put the shanks in line when the whole point of the seedhawk is vertical and horizontal seed and fertilizer separation. Since you usually top dress fertilizer later a single shoot machine would be simpler and cheaper. When shopping for used equipment everything except exactly what your looking for is available. BTDT.

Comment

That's a big Mechanical Front Wheel drive! Why not a straight 4WD?

Would it want to "hop" in a hard pull?

Mallee, we went to the local dealer's unveiling of the RG "C" series. They are different. The drive system resembles a CVT type drive. Always "active" oil pressure at each swash plate hydraulic wheel motor. And the liquid plumbing.... well it's just plumbing configured differently. The neat part was the sectional control(Accuboom) that shuts on and off about 30(some) sections on a 120 foot boom. Accomplished using solenoid nozzle bodies but they do not operate like the AIM Command or Sharp shooter of those types of variable rate nozzles. But the regular 1300 and "B" series will do just fine.....Machinery evolves faster than Mother Nature's wild creatures.

Good luck with equipment choices.

I do like ajl's comment about buying used drills, never configured the way you want them. The last two I bought I had the "luxury" of configuring them the way I wanted....
              Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 31, 2018, 08:31.

Comment

does it have the fancy front end. That will help with hop.

Why not a track?

Comment

We have 550hp for our 60ft seedhawk and we wish had 650.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                    We have 550hp for our 60ft seedhawk and we wish had 650.
                    Gumbo or light land, hills, grain tank size, liquid or ammonia tanks in tow? Some variables. But I have a hard time believing that 370 hp is going to pull that 60 ft drill.

Mallee, you could get a decent 4WD for the price of that MFWD. I think. Or do you want it for other uses too. But I think you will be awful frustrated if you short yourself on pulling power with the seeding tool.
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 31, 2018, 08:32.

Comment

I pull a 60' seedhawk with a bg 550 tank and 4000 gallon Nh3 tank with a 375hp 9330jd. We are not lacking in HP, but traction a bit and hydraulic capacity is borderline. I would worry most about traction with that tractor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...