• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coldest temp anomaly in the WORLD...here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Damn that freeze drying...

Don't know what's worse, having it melt and hopefully soak in and be safely stored in the ground until the ****in hot low humidity howling winds suck it back out, or that freeze drying.

Maybe its time to start praying for rain.
    DO NOT forget to give YOUR exact land location in those prayers, or it will certainly fall on our SATURATED FROZEN soil covered by 2' of white moisture!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      The warming effect from CO2 and other greenhouse gases is greater than the cooling effect expected from natural factors. Without human interference, the Earth’s orbit and tilt, a slight decline in solar output since the 1950s and volcanic activity would have led to global cooling. Yet global temperatures are definitely on the rise.

It can therefore be concluded that with CO2 concentrations set to continue to rise, a return to ice age conditions seems very unlikely.
      That is the best news I've seen in a long time, thanks for the healthy dose of optimism. It is much needed on this April 1st when it was -24C this morning, and still 2 feet of snow on the ground. I get genuinely worried about our livelihood and our investment in farmland in this precarious climate we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I get genuinely worried about our livelihood and our investment in farmland in this precarious climate we live in.
        We agree on something then. A hot, dry May-June and it's another full year of scrimping for expensive feed to go through another winter and hope that it turns around the following year. A 4" deficit of moisture from average halves our production - 4" extra grows us 50% more and that extra is free. 18-24C is our optimum for growing grass - sure it would be nice to be this warm year round but it's not going to happen where we live. Over 25C and we are losing production, over 30C seriously so. This is purely from my grass growing perspective, I realise people growing different crops have different needs.

Comment

Ya its ****ing cold outside! Wow. How interesting. When in doubt you can always talk about the weather if you don't agree on anything else! LOL

If you have lived for awhile in Saskatchewan you know that it can be very cold in April and snow in May and that is not news to most of us. And it is irrelevant to discussing global climate change.

Here are a couple of clues in the debate. Global refers to the entire globe not just Saskatchewan or the Prairies. Climate refers to long term weather conditions and trends not the current weather pattern.

For those who can look at the temperature for a day, a week or month in their small part of the world, and then suggest that an ice age is starting is wacky logic, especially when the global temperature and shrinking glaciers trends are clearly showing warming temperatures.

Sorry no vacation SF3 just a break from Agriville. I find that the endless partisan political rants and round and round discussions pretty much a waste of time. There is a core group of Agrivillers who seem to have nothing better to do and if it fills a void go for it. But trying to argue anything with most of the contrarian, curmudgeonly, know it alls on here is a hopeless task. I have found it is better to actually get something productive done. Especially since spring is coming! That is unless the ice age has already started! Then why bother with spring prep?

Comment

All that can be admitted is that the total sum of all past weather patterns has lead to our current global climate. To go beyond that would take a God, or someone with a model, and an agenda. Otherwise, those who believe we are closer to an ice age returning, which also is a belief in climate change, are just as likely to be correct as an a contrarian. The truth is that there is no current money to be made in an ice age returning.

Comment

The Saskatchewan government does not deny human caused climate change either!

The US is the only major country in the world who has said they would pull out of the Paris accord. Nicaragua signed on recently and Syria has not. Syria and the US our the only hold outs representing just 4.3% of the worlds population. Syria is certainly an example good leadership. Not! A failed state led by a man who uses chemical weapons on his own people! Hardly an example to the world for anything except a leader who is a despot.

And who is to say the next US government wont recommit? A large number of US States and cities are in agreement with Paris accord.

Hey Chucker - there is a difference between, “are” and “our”. Just thought I would mention.

Comment

I can just imagine the US if Clinton had won. Carbon tax imposed ASAP, directly deposited into the Clinton Foundation. So cool!

Comment

The Colombia ice fields are still shrinking and have shrunk 1.5 kilometres (10m per year on average) since 1843. I don't think this qualifies as evidence of an equal chance of global warming or an imminent ice age. Wouldn't you expect glaciers to be at least stable or growing if we are heading into another ice age?

Comment

The Colombia ice fields are still shrinking and have shrunk 1.5 kilometres (10m per year on average) since 1843. I don't think this qualifies as evidence of an equal chance of global warming or an imminent ice age. Wouldn't you expect glaciers to be at least stable or growing if we are heading into another ice age?
                    Yet more reasons to be optimistic about our future. Thank you for bringing hope on Easter,I need that, it is easy to get caught up in all the negativity about climate.

Wait a minute, doesn't 1843 predate the anthropocene when humans caused all the warming? Must be a typo, we all know Glaciers were stable before CAGW.

Comment

Especially since spring is coming! That is unless the ice age has already started! Then why bother with spring prep?
                      Now why did you have to go and do that, just when I started feeling less depressed about the climate, and you drop this bombshell. Today has been an emotional roller coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I can just imagine the US if Clinton had won. Carbon tax imposed ASAP, directly deposited into the Clinton Foundation. So cool!
                        Great points. Al Gore would likely be director of the EPA instead of Scott Pruitt.

Scary thoughts.....

Comment

So Chuck your break from agriville means you went and bought a solar power system and installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            Great points. Al Gore would likely be director of the EPA instead of Scott Pruitt.

Scary thoughts.....
                            Scary indeed - imagine actually having a person with some knowledge of the role he is appointed to? Unlike the rest of the buffoons and corporate shills Trump surrounds himself with. Just today Pruitt is rumoured to be on his way out after a controversy about his associations with corporate lobbyists for Big Oil. The radio interview with the US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer this morning I thought was an April fools joke when he swore at the host and hung up because he wasn't getting his own way in the discussion over NAFTA. Their whole administration is looking like an April 1st windup.
                            In contrast I must say I have a tremendous respect for Rona Ambrose in her role on the NAFTA advisory council, setting aside partisan politics in the interests of seeing Canada getting the best deal possible - and clearly of the opinion that Canada has played it's hand as well as could be expected given the instability and lack of negotiating experience of the Trump administration. I think the PC party will rue the day they elected Scheer - would have been far better with Ambrose.

Comment

So Chuck now that you have surfaced I sure would like to hear your opinion on the Port of Churchill and if you see a future there in this warming world?

Comment

"Wait a minute, doesn't 1843 predate the anthropocene when humans caused all the warming? Must be a typo, we all know Glaciers were stable before CAGW."

At least a 50 years before the FIRST internal combustion engine, case closed TOTAL F*CKING BULLSHIT, no human caused GLOBAL WARMING, thanks!
                                And if you think -30 is NOT adding to glaciers you are a moron!

"Here are a couple of clues in the debate. Global refers to the entire globe not just Saskatchewan or the Prairies"

So what! 1 million are going to save 7 billion, grow up! Save ourselves from TAX!
                                Last edited by fjlip; Apr 1, 2018, 20:01.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...