• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW 40,000 acre organic Waldron sask

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless.... good on this guy for getting an opportunity, realizing it , and working hard to go for it . If only more parts of this society could get the hint .....

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      I bet Hobbyfarmer is that big too! He just doesn't want us to know so always tells us about his old equipment and weed problems.
      The struggle is real 🙂

The volume produced from this venture will push down organic prices even more.
      I dont know the people, I wish them well. I dont understand why people want to be highlighted in the western producer or other media. Early media coverage can sometimes be a “kiss of death”.
      Success in ag ventures do require a lot of money spent up, so its good they have the backing.
      Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Mar 23, 2018, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        There will be organic N-P-K -S within two years , commercially. Probably some already , others may confirm or not
        Weed control via bio Ag within a few years as well..
        I could be wrong but this is what is possible , it’s coming faster than we think.
        So, if these technologies prove to be effective and are approved and accepted by customers, won't that make it too easy to become organic? There is a premium now because it is more work, less producers are willing or able to do it. Removing those barriers by making it as easy as conventional high input farming would remove those barriers to entry, and won't the profit margins end up comparable to conventional? While the profits go to input companies, which organic farmers were trying to avoid to start with.

If they create an organic approved equivalent to glyphosate so organic no-till is practical, I'll sign up, but probably so would everyone else...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          So, if these technologies prove to be effective and are approved and accepted by customers, won't that make it too easy to become organic? There is a premium now because it is more work, less producers are willing or able to do it. Removing those barriers by making it as easy as conventional high input farming would remove those barriers to entry, and won't the profit margins end up comparable to conventional? While the profits go to input companies, which organic farmers were trying to avoid to start with.

If they create an organic approved equivalent to glyphosate so organic no-till is practical, I'll sign up, but probably so would everyone else...
          I hear ya , but just sayin it’s coming

Comment

Can someone tag ritchie brothers in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
              Can someone tag ritchie brothers in this thread.
              If that means what I think it means, that wasn't very nice. Lol. But I am laughing, I didn't say it wasn't funny.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...