• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the railways and grain movement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the railways and grain movement

Watched part of the committee meeting from march 19...Low and behold Yerry was there ...why I don't know . He is the ****ing guy that forgot to implement mandatory reporting when he "opened" up the market in western Canada.

Somehow twice in 5 years we end up with shit grain movement and the only reason its not worse is because pulses are not moving which this government ignores as well.

No one asking for schedules, sales reports, better contracts, vessel reports etc....

Everyone saying they are sorry and Yerry trying to explain things.

Nothing got done since the last fiasco,,,well except for all the bins that built on farms , then they wonder why nothing is moving during harvest.

If you have your own semis you can't haul two hours to deliver grain during harvest so its now going to the yard for later.

Not one farm representative asked for trend line data to determine what our infrastructure has to look like.

Yerry blaming the liberals is a little rich ...his government could have written up the required legislation to move things forward but he preferred the brown bags of cash from lobbyists instead.
    Last edited by bucket; Mar 22, 2018, 08:10.

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20180319/-1/28946?Language=English&Stream=Video&useragent=Mozi lla/5.0%20(Windows%20NT%205.1)%20AppleWebKit/537.36%20(KHTML,%20like%20Gecko)%20Chrome/49.0.2623.112%20Safari/537.36 MEETING ON PARLVU

Comment

What a pathetic site. Imagine having to be hauled in front of the Government Civil servants to explain why you are doing such a crappy job of running your farm this year and threatening the food supply, and then making excuse after excuse why it’s not your fault.

Same excuses, different year, never changes...that’s what you get when you have a duopoly that’s sole aim is to extract the maximum amount of money for what they do. Until this dual monopoly is broken and competitors are free to enter the rail business in Canada....nothing will change.....” DRAIN THE SWAMP”

The civil service employees sitting opposite the railway clowns can probably do the same job for a lot less cost I hate to say.

Comment

What caught me was why weren't the grain companies dominating the meetings? It is their grain to move farmers are paid at the elev pit. Yes it has big effect on them but elev also maybe even more except they just pass on costs and losses to farmers.

Comment

Yerry blames the liberals in the meeting and meanwhile liberals blame the previous conservative government in question period.....

We are being played very well by our politicians.....

Comment

Grain companies aren't there because they know how to profit off the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              Grain companies aren't there because they know how to profit off the situation.
              Correctimondo!

Comment

Give the grain cos 6 months to make modifications to terminals to allow trucks to dump. Any further delays on future crops and an automatic fuel tax rebate will be granted to any truck that dumps at a terminal on coast. All tax rebated, gst, pst, carbon tax, ALL OF IT. This is bullshit and an alternative needs to be practically implemented. If we can be held hostage or extorted we need an option. THIS HAS TO END!!! Or just say **** it and invade BC.... and take the ports.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                  Give the grain cos 6 months to make modifications to terminals to allow trucks to dump. Any further delays on future crops and an automatic fuel tax rebate will be granted to any truck that dumps at a terminal on coast. All tax rebated, gst, pst, carbon tax, ALL OF IT. This is bullshit and an alternative needs to be practically implemented. If we can be held hostage or extorted we need an option. THIS HAS TO END!!! Or just say **** it and invade BC.... and take the ports.
                  MacDon I like your style. Most terminals can dump super b trailers now. It’s an expensive ride through the mountains with 43 metric tonne, so we need a fuel subsidy too. Then sign me up...

Comment

You guys are going to bite my head off and shit down my throat for this..... but that solution is about as practical as putting oil on the rail instead of in a pipe, WORSE!

REGULATE THE ****ING BASTARDS OUT OF EXISTENCE AND TAKE THEM OVER...aka.... Nationalize them. Is heavy handed regulation dumber than putting convoys of SuperB's on our national highways when we know ****en well which mode of transportation is most cost efficient and safest to get the grain to port.

How's that style?

There's more to Canada than two ****en spoiled rotten spiteful publicly traded railroads....

CN "might" be looking to build a railspur near or even across my farm to service a "potential" potash mine...not without a fight and possible need for expropriation. Them ****ers have been holding us ransom long enough.

Splineless ****ing government....talking is past!

Comment

I was slightly having fun on invading BC. However not sure you noticed farma but you've been regulated into using the 2 national rail lines to get grain to port. Unless I'm missing something..... this shit won't change till there's torches and pitchforks on the lawn of a legislature or parliament hill. That's the God's honest truth! 4000 super b's in downtown Vancouver or the threat of, might be what's needed. Create a massive cluster.....
                      Last edited by macdon02; Mar 22, 2018, 20:40.

Comment

Open running rights....
                        Would Putin or the USA settle for this performance if it was affecting their country's economy?

Comment

Keep the high yields coming!

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                            I was slightly having fun on invading BC. However not sure you noticed farma but you've been regulated into using the 2 national rail lines to get grain to port. Unless I'm missing something..... this shit won't change till there's torches and pitchforks on the lawn of a legislature or parliament hill. That's the God's honest truth! 4000 super b's in downtown Vancouver or the threat of, might be what's needed. Create a massive cluster.....
                            Wow 4000 super B’s holding up traffic in the mountains and Vancouver would really be over the top and definitely would send a message that we are over shitty rail service....but it may not last....didn’t someone go on ahunger strike over rail or was that the CWB?
                            I’ve got 4 supers....are we going to take wheat or canola? Lol...Gotta think that 4000 farmers trucks would gather a lot of attention....it would be a fun trip...let’s go in the summer...the mountains are a little scary with a set of trains in the winter for my average flatlander drivers haha.

Comment

4000 x 43 MT = 172,000 metric tonnes....holy shit MacDon I think you are on to something...that’s a pile of grain moved in a 48 hour period!! That’s a couple Panamax shiploads or $85 million of canola. That would be a history making operation. I think you better stike up a committee and get this planned.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...