• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urban perspective

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    Crazy question from Alberta here. The GST is charged on equipment and supplies but you submit and get it back later. Is PST following different rules than its federal version? We’ve bought stuff out of Saskatchewan and as long as it’s getting shipped here it was PST exempt.

Hope we don’t ever have to deal with such a thing here but I’m not holding my breath with how fast the debt is racking up.......
    In sask we can't apply to have the pst rebated.
    so all the pst farmers pay on expenses is gov revenue. pst on equip,and farm land would be something that the ndp would be looking at if they ever got in again.

Some provinces have an hst(harmonized sales tax) and i believe that is treated like gst.

Comment

Pst on farm machinery would be quite a windfall for the province.....but counter that with little to no agricultural activity would be rather funny to those that think reheating Chinese meals is an economic driver.....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        I was at an event on the weekend attended primarily by high level sask Govt officials, professionals and business owners. Discussion fell to farmers and there was one restauranteur/real estate mogul who was flat out angry with the way farmers don’t pay pst on ag equipment. He was absolutely certain that restaurants are more important to the economy than agriculture.

I think the lack of appreciation for the contribution of agriculture to the economy is real.

Our deputy minister of finance was in the heat of the discussion and he was bang on in defending agriculture in the province and in his arguments against carbon tax.
        Any hints as to who the government sympathizer might be? or a personal message to the people asking might work.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Crazy question from Alberta here. The GST is charged on equipment and supplies but you submit and get it back later. Is PST following different rules than its federal version? We’ve bought stuff out of Saskatchewan and as long as it’s getting shipped here it was PST exempt.

Hope we don’t ever have to deal with such a thing here but I’m not holding my breath with how fast the debt is racking up.......
          Feel sorry for you sk farmers with the pst and bureaucracy that goes with it. I bought a trailer and fuel tank last summer in SK. Went and picked it up, got the pst back on the trailer with proof of registration in AB but not on the fuel tank. I was basically ok with that until they told me if I had a 3rd party pick it up I would get it back but since I picked it up myself I didn't. How much sense does that make??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...