• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding canola consensus?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding canola consensus?

I can't remember what everyone's results were from last spring on seeding canola.
    What is best row spacing, 7 inch, 10 inch, 15 inch or 20-22 inch. Like to save as much
    as possible on seed cost.
    Thanks on replies

Seed

BTW, I know 50 inches between rows would save
    on seed.

Comment

we use foot and 10 in spacing and no difference. New way to bill for seed in bags and seed weight won't start till 2020 so a bag does to acres and weighs same.

Later smaller bags and larger bags still 10 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        we use foot and 10 in spacing and no difference. New way to bill for seed in bags and seed weight won't start till 2020 so a bag does to acres and weighs same.

Later smaller bags and larger bags still 10 acres.
        If you're saying that some day canola seed will be sold based on 1000 seed weight that's crazy.

Comment

Find a guy in the neighborhood who grows some open pollinated and buy 500 bushels from him, clean it and seed it, have some insecticide on hand for flea beetles.....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            If you're saying that some day canola seed will be sold based on 1000 seed weight that's crazy.
            Yup, I was told that too by a Bayer Rep.

At what TKW will it matter, can everyone seed that accrurately, 4.5 versus 4.8 lbs/ac.....

4.2 TKW versus 6.2 TKW IS QUITE A DIFFRENCE IN SEED SIZE.

Comment

Has anyone ever checked seed size against what it says on the bag? I've seen discrepancies

Comment

Farming the year will be spring of 2020 get ready its coming. But because of the shit show with Bayer and Monsanto it is delayed till then it would of happened next year.

Ah again who wins in the world of farming every one else but us.

On our two drills we see no difference in Yield come fall yield maps show that.

Comment

I don’t think there’s much difference in yield in any spacing, key thing is germination. With high seed cost, don’t have the attitude it’s set good enough. If not using an independent make sure every section is leveled properly.

Comment

They just wanna force us to buy specialty drills to seed at lower rates. Costs us the same. In there minds keeps the parasites living off us. Piss off.

Comment

They have to make a case for that CLEAN SEED drill coming on the market place so they can use up their tax credit....

700,000 dollar drill with the company get the tax break.....that is backwards thinking ...the tax credit should go to the guys buying the drill not the manufacturer....

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                        They just wanna force us to buy specialty drills to seed at lower rates. Costs us the same. In there minds keeps the parasites living off us. Piss off.
                        I've said it before, it's like stealing our efficiency gains, we paid for....

Maybe they should consider we need those savings for the maintenance to keep those independent shank drill "contraptions" in the field, even more with MRBs!!!!!!
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 19, 2018, 12:01.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...