• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arable Food for Thought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaithin, here in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto when you dig up those undies they will be as good as the day you planted them.....moisture being the catalyst is in "short" supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Blaithin, here in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto when you dig up those undies they will be as good as the day you planted them.....moisture being the catalyst is in "short" supply.....
      Top of your game this morning!

"I'll have what he's having..." LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Blaithin, you may have stopped your thread dead with the underwear talk, now you got all us guys nervous! LOL.

To expand your thought further, you can do the same with your cows. On the same pasture you can add sheep without reducing your cow numbers and your animal units per acre go up. Yes they do both eat grass but the sheep prefer the weeds and woody plants and cows prefer the grasses.

On the crop side my father used to grow peas with his oats on clean ground, worked good and peas stood up.

Lots of options but most are not suited well to the large scale of farms these days.
        Then you can add chickens to the cows and sheep and they will eat the waste from both the cows and sheep and bugs, and further increase your AUM.

Comment

You must mean, “Edible Undies at Amazon.ca”.

Comment

I'm in central AB, and willing to help you try the experiment. We have no-till, tilled, perenial hay land, pasture, and even virgin land to experiment on.

I can't wait to tell my wife that a lovely young lady is bringing her underwear over to show me, and that we are going to experiment. I think it will go over very well.

I'm actually quite interested in the results, since when I plow land that hasn't been plowed deep since it was broke 50 to 80+ years ago, I turn up all sorts of undecomposed wood, since no oxygen gets that deep.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I'm in central AB, and willing to help you try the experiment. We have no-till, tilled, perenial hay land, pasture, and even virgin land to experiment on.

I can't wait to tell my wife that a lovely young lady is bringing her underwear over to show me, and that we are going to experiment. I think it will go over very well.

I'm actually quite interested in the results, since when I plow land that hasn't been plowed deep since it was broke 50 to 80+ years ago, I turn up all sorts of undecomposed wood, since no oxygen gets that deep.
              Hah who said anything about it being my underwear?! All photos in the trials I've seen are mens

I think you're fairly close to me so I will definitely let you know if and when I have packages of undies to bury. Might have to actually start writing down different conditions I want to try and make it into a more professional like experiment instead of me just taking pictures and trying to remember what the heck was done to the field in each photo.

Another one I'm thinking of doing is a poop patrol of sorts. My cattle's patties disappear fairly quickly on the acreage so I'm assuming I have a fairly healthy population of dung beetles kicking around. Although they don't seem to like the horse poop as well. So I'm thinking of recording how long it actually takes them to take the poo down into the soil. I was only going to do that in the pasture but when I thought about it a bit more I could probably take some poop into a field and see if there's much of a visible dung beetle population in arable fields. I'm assuming not as there isn't much out there for them to eat... but they probably eat something other than dung so who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                Hah who said anything about it being my underwear?! All photos in the trials I've seen are mens

I think you're fairly close to me so I will definitely let you know if and when I have packages of undies to bury. Might have to actually start writing down different conditions I want to try and make it into a more professional like experiment instead of me just taking pictures and trying to remember what the heck was done to the field in each photo.

Another one I'm thinking of doing is a poop patrol of sorts. My cattle's patties disappear fairly quickly on the acreage so I'm assuming I have a fairly healthy population of dung beetles kicking around. Although they don't seem to like the horse poop as well. So I'm thinking of recording how long it actually takes them to take the poo down into the soil. I was only going to do that in the pasture but when I thought about it a bit more I could probably take some poop into a field and see if there's much of a visible dung beetle population in arable fields. I'm assuming not as there isn't much out there for them to eat... but they probably eat something other than dung so who knows!
                Well, if you are bringing men's underwear, I've lost interest in the whole experiment, besides, men's underwear is going to be nearly completely biodegraded before it is removed from service to start with, and probably has a healthy population of flora and fauna by that time as well, making for extra variables in the experiment.

Contact me by Private message if you want to, I can give you my contact info there.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Well, if you are bringing men's underwear, I've lost interest in the whole experiment, besides, men's underwear is going to be nearly completely biodegraded before it is removed from service to start with, and probably has a healthy population of flora and fauna by that time as well, making for extra variables in the experiment.

Contact me by Private message if you want to, I can give you my contact info there.
                  Well you can learn something every day here!

I didn't know Neanderthals anywhere were known to wear underwear.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...