• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great visit with SK Farmer Megzz - Why we need to share agriculture's story.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideology will get in the way of any co-operation when the contributing organization and author are realized.

Politics.

Comment

Hello folks i just can't resist commenting here.
      1.QUIT WHINING ABOUT FARMING AND ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT GO WITH IT! AFTER ALL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR!
      2.IT IS A BUSINESS SO RUN IT LIKE ONE.
      3.IF YOUR NOT MAKING MONEY THEN EITHER CHANGE WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR EXIT THE BUSINESS LIKE ANY SANE PERSON WOULD DO BEFORE YOU PISS AWAY YOUR EQUITY!
      4.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WOKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH SOMEONE HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD FORCING YOU TO FARM, OR DO ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER! QUIT IF ITS THAT BAD!
      5.IF IT'S THAT BAD THEN SELL OR RENT IT OUT! LORD KNOWS YOU'LL GET GOOD MONEY FOR YOUR LAND AND YOUR EQUIPMENT. HISTORICALLY THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO EXIT!
      6.THERE ARE PROBLEMS AND ISSUES, BUT THERE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND THERE ALWAYS WILL BE!
      7.IF YOUR FARM IS CAUSING YOU TO STRUGGLE WITH YOUR MENTAL HEALTH YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION TO ADDRESS THE CAUSE OF IT JUST LIKE ANY PHYSICAL HEALTH ISSUE! NO OCCUPATION OR BUSINESS IS WORTH JEOPARDIZING YOUR HEALTH OVER PERIOD!
      8.LIVE AND FARM WITHIN YOUR MEANS, NOT ONLY FINANCIALLY BUT YOU MUST STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN THE DEMANDS OF THE BUSINESS AND YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE!
      9.QUIT COMPARING YOURSELF TO THE NEIGHBOURS AND EVERYONE ELSE! DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE! TO STEAL A LINE FROM THE SUNSCREEN SONG ."DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON JEALOUSY, SOMETIMES YOUR AHEAD, SOMETIMES YOUR BEHIND, THE RACE IS LONG AND IN THE END ITS ONLY WITH YOURSELF."
      10.FIND MEANING IN IT! WHATEVER THAT MIGHT LOOK LIKE FOR YOU, CAUSE WITHOUT MEANING THERE IS NO PASSION AND WITHOUT A PASSION FOR FARMING THEN WHY BOTHER!

Comment

Cuban assassin

Very good advice....maybe tell the other industries that story....

1. Bombardier
        2. Any auto company
        3. Etc etc etc.

Comment

I agree cuban. Lots of whining Basically coming off the best decade of farming sure wouldnt want to be listening after actual tough times. Biggest problem is farmers are growing so much more grain now railways can hardly haul it. I can Imagine meatal health issues were way worse at the turn of the millennium with canola at 6 wheat at 4 than they are now coming off a decade of record production and prices.

But there will always ne challenges and room for improvment in our industry.

I suppose of you have painted yourself into a corner where if you are one month late delivering your grain you cant pay bills you better rethink strategy for next year probably be wise to read fine print in contracts and write a clause that the elevator has to pay you by the emd of the dolevery month if they dont take delivery. Simple solution.

Comment

apparently some people have never tried writing clauses on a grainco contract.... did it once ...the contract was void instantly.

Comment

I have gotten storage payments out of companies that were late picking up grain. Yes a bit of a discussion but at the emd of the day pay up or risk a hit to your reputation. Once had a company call me to deliver 6 months late told him too bad already sold my wheat. He was mad but aince he was so late nothing he could do. I had only locked basis.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...